CHOCOLATE PARADISE

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love this thread, thank you! I have a sweet tooth so hopefully will find something good here :D

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
@WhitbyJet I love chokladbollar and have just made the normal ones for the kids. I love the website you have referenced but haven't got round to some of the desserts yet. But I will. Especially the chokladbollar and the peanut candies! :p:D

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've just added Dark Chocolate Almond Fridge cake to my list.

100g Lindt 90% Chocolate
100g Butter
250g Ground Almonds
50g Dessicated Coconut
30g Caramel Protein powder

Melt the chocolate and butter over a pan of boiling water.

Grease an 8 inch square tray or dish.

Once chocolate and butter mix is melted, add in almonds, Dessicated coconut and protein powder. Mix until combined and slightly loose texture.

Our mixture into dish. Flatten with spoon.

Cut into 16 or more pieces, then place into fridge for a few hours to set.

If you make 16 pieces, each one is 2.3g of carbs and 200 calories. More pieces, fewer carbs and cals...

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I've just added Dark Chocolate Almond Fridge cake to my list.

100g Lindt 90% Chocolate
100g Butter
250g Ground Almonds
50g Dessicated Coconut
30g Caramel Protein powder

Melt the chocolate and butter over a pan of boiling water.

Grease an 8 inch square tray or dish.

Once chocolate and butter mix is melted, add in almonds, Dessicated coconut and protein powder. Mix until combined and slightly loose texture.

Our mixture into dish. Flatten with spoon.

Cut into 16 or more pieces, then place into fridge for a few hours to set.

If you make 16 pieces, each one is 2.3g of carbs and 200 calories. More pieces, fewer carbs and cals...
What does the protein powder do? Taste? Texture? Can I add more coconut or ground almonds instead? Always feel dubious about protein powder but don't know why.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It adds a bit of extra protein and also makes an alternative to artificial sweetener. The caramel flavour just offsets the bitterness of the dark chocolate a little.

I might also do it with half a teaspoon of sea salt, which gives a fabulous flavour.

You could add more almonds or coconut. It's simply the maxim that a small amount of something else softens the flavour a little.

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
With Christmas approaching, I thought to bump this thread for all those of us who don't want to miss out on the festive goodies.

We can have these with a clear conscience. Long live Whitby Jet.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I've just finished making some low carb chocolates for a friend's birthday - she's just been diagnosed and started low carbing and is a bit lost. Of course I had to try one (of each flavour) - they were lovely and very easy.

It was a made up recipe - I mixed together quite a lot of flaked almonds, ground almonds, desicatted coconut, chopped brazil nuts and toasted hazelnuts (basically, just a bit of everything suitable that I had in the baking cupboard). Then I melted a bar of Green & Black's 85% in a bowl over a pan of hot water and when melted I stirred in all the nuts then divided the mixture in to two.

In one half I added a small amount of cinnamon and dried cranberries and in the other half I added some almond extract.. Then put spoon size dollops in some of those tiny little cupcake cases and put a few gold sparkles on the cranberry ones and toasted flaked almonds on the almond ones before putting in fridge to set.

I got a pretty heart shaped tin from the Pound Shop to put them in and will decorate it with a bow. I hope she likes it.