CHOCOLATE PARADISE

Defren

Fraddycat said:
Wonderful!!

Whitby Jet's recipes look amazing too, I will certainly be trying a few of these later.

It seems I logged on at just the right moment. :D I'm so pleased you like them. I know when I bake them, I have a crowd waiting round the oven. Trying to get them all onto the cooling rack is a nightmare and they don't all end up on the rack, but in tummies instead. :lol:

Reactions: 2 people

maddiemo

How many ounces in a cup or grams? I always get in a muddle with the uk cups and us cups don't like to use cups at all really.

WhitbyJet

Chocolate Mascarpone Truffles

These are easy to make and seriously good!! Make good stocking fillers, wrapped in pretty tissue paper, place in a little tin or box maybe

60g Butter
80 g chocolate 85%
70g Mascarpone
chocolate for covering

Flavouring: vanilla, cinnamon, rum, whisky, or chopped almonds/nuts, orange, coffee, banana essence, whatever floats your boat
Carefully melt butter and chocolate on low heat, add the mascarpone, mix really well, add your flavouring, leave to chill in the fridge
shape into truffles
melt remaining chocolate, use a toothpick to dip truffles into melted chocolate to cover, chill until set

Pictures here:
http://www.lchfrecept.com/ShowRecepy.aspx?ID=1631
http://lchf.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4137

WhitbyJet

Truffles for Valentines Day

Boozy Truffles for Valentines Day

150g cream cheese
Sweetener
100g dark chocolate with high cocoa content, I used 85%
50ml Whiskey/Rum/
5ml vanilla extract/essence or pinch of powdered vanilla
11/2 tsp gelatine/sf jelly dissolved in a tiny amount of hot water

Beat cream cheese and sweetener until smooth, carefully melt chocolate and stir into cream cheese mixture, add vanilla, whiskey or rum and finally the gelatine.
Leave to set in the fridge for an hour, shape mixture into truffles, roll in cocoa powder/chopped nuts/coconut flakes.
Wrap in tissue paper, place in a pretty box.

If you prefer a non-alcoholic version, simply omit the alcohol and gelatin, you could increase the vanilla or add very finely grated orange zest for choc orange truffles or mint flavouring.

WhitbyJet

Marzipan Truffles

Marzipan Truffles

1 cup walnuts
1 tbsp brandy
Sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tbsp ground almonds
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1 tbsp egg white
melted chocolate (high cocoa content)

Place the walnuts in a blender or grinder and blend to a smooth paste. Add the rest of the dry ingredients, and blend until smooth.
Add the egg white and brandy to achieve the desired consistency.
Leave the marzipan in the refrigerator for an hour before rolling into small balls, then dip them into melted chocolate, leave to dry.

http://sjelemat.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/ ... njakk.html

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
Just to say thank you to Whitby Jet for contacting regarding this super post, I will definitely be trying some of these amazing suggestions! Can't help noticing how many cat lovers on here, do the two go together I wonder - Cats and Chocolate :D

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Just bumping up for those that haven't seen these amazing recipes!

Sunshine_Kisses

I made my own chocolates from scratch today... To be honest they probably need a bit of tweaking, but were sooo easy - and no sugar whatsoever (used stevia to sweeten) so low carb!
Basically was just:
Cocoa power,
Cacao butter,
Coconut oil,
Stevia
Vanilla essence

Then put some nuts in one batch, coconut in another and orange essence in the moulded ones... Pretty tasty for a first attempt :)

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Wow, thanks so much for all that great info WhitbyJet, just awesome! Although I have been T2 for 3 years I have only just starting Low Carbing and miss, miss miss my wee sweet treats, so this is great.

hawnet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
judgemental people, billy liars,
@WhitbyJet have just made your almost bounties and have to thank you for sharing the joy. Just had 1 one with my coffee and its lovely...cheers.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
They are great aren't they, I always have some in the freezer. I found that coating them in choc was a pain, so now i melt the choc into the bottom of a silicone cake mould then let it cool abit, then put the coconut on top to set. I only get choc on one side but it still tastes as good and ALOT less faffing! :p

hawnet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
judgemental people, billy liars,
I found it quite easy to dump them 1 at a time into the bowl that's got the choccie in and flip them with a fork and then use a wobbly spatula to coat the edges, it seemed to work okay, may be beginners luck.

Have you tried any of the others yet?

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
I thought truffles were found in the soil by French pigs, they snout them out don't they? - so it says on the web? How'd you define a French pig anyway? they speak French?

I like Wispa Gold, can't be doing with making Chocolate. I'd love to go to Cadbury World but I just know I'd drop my kit and jump in one of the vats of chocolate I'd drown or lick myself to shore. Excellent post this though,Q..

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I thought truffles were found in the soil by French pigs, they snout them out don't they? - so it says on the web? How'd you define a French pig anyway? they speak French?

I like Wispa Gold, can't be doing with making Chocolate. I'd love to go to Cadbury World but I just know I'd drop my kit and jump in one of the vats of chocolate I'd drown or lick myself to shore. Excellent post this though,Q..

lick myself to shore, lmao!

you always make me laugh mate

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
lick myself to shore, lmao!

you always make me laugh mate

Andy, You stated in another post 'best post ever' - you said the same to me on a previous post, how could you! - I can't go on..
Hope you're well honey, you always make me laugh too P*** funny, Q

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I found it on line, but I just use whatever ive got in the house, I found zsweet great but just too expensive. I also find I dont need to use as much sweetner these days, as everything tastes sweeter than before.

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
is there any other flour i can use barr almond and coonut as everyone seems to think the cakes are to heavey :( me personally think there great x