Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
To her credit when I asked she did say “I don’t know” and didn’t push the issue.

I agree though there should be more attention given to a individual instead of the label “Diabetic”

I admire a doctor who will turn to face you and say 'I don't know'. Rather that than use scare tactics so as to tick a box.

Reactions: gemma_T1

Hotpepper20000

40 years of low fat and didn’t work.
Call me paranoid, but I think that now that there is mounting evidence that high carb and low fat is not a solution, those that profit from people being fat and sick are scared.
It just seems like more and more of these kinds articles are popping up.
But hey! what do I know? I let some forum on the internet change my health for the better.
<———- insert eye roll

Reactions: Evie-D

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
40 years of low fat and didn’t work.
Call me paranoid, but I think that now that there is mounting evidence that high carb and low fat is not a solution, those that profit from people being fat and sick are scared.
It just seems like more and more of these kinds articles are popping up.
But hey! what do I know? I let some forum on the internet change my health for the better.
<———- insert eye roll

Thank you, that made me smile and I feel exactly the same way.

Reactions: Evie-D

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Laugh out loud with Dr. Paul Mason.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't got time to go back and check if these have been posted (apologies if someone has already posted), but adding Ivor Cummins' two latest talks from recent Low Carb Universe Mallorca:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't got time to go back and check if these have been posted (apologies if someone has already posted), but adding Ivor Cummins' two latest talks from recent Low Carb Universe Mallorca:

Nope I think you are the first many thanks..

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dave Feldman's #CholesterolScience Show - with Ivor Cummins:

It's a long one!

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dave Feldman's #CholesterolScience Show - with Ivor Cummins:

It's a long one!

A long one and at times too far above me but fascinating nontheless. Another new term 'Lipo IR' and a test not widely used. Breaking news on the dead box for QRISK etc re LDL and the latest guidelines set on one study (the one as described by Ivor as the 'the metabolically sick, fat, smokers in Scotland').

So, when I first started to try to understand more about Lipids I quickly came to the conclusion that the science was incomplete. I am still of that opinion and the comment from Dave and Ivor that the science has "barely scratched the surface" still stands.

Thanks for posting.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another Ivor Cummins interview: What if Heart Disease and Diabetes had the same cause?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Another long one:

#CholesterolScience Show - with Dr. David Diamond:

Fascinating discussion. I hadn't ever seen the graph re 1940-1945 data before. Great analogy too from Dave with his liver and adipocyte preferring 'turnstile' mechanism.

Reactions: Ponchu

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
These keep getting longer! Haven't watched it myself yet, so no idea whether it's worth watching or not.

#CholesterolScience Show - with Dr. Peter Lansberg, Lipidologist

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Love, Dave Feldman and Ivor Cummins. Those guys explain it so well and it makes sense.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
These keep getting longer! Haven't watched it myself yet, so no idea whether it's worth watching or not.

#CholesterolScience Show - with Dr. Peter Lansberg, Lipidologist

I'm half way through but I have to admit it's tough going. Landsberg's especial interest is FH.
He is a bit dismissive, albeit civilly, of Dave's experiments/data because of the 'short term nature of his findings and confirmation bias'. He sometimes speaks as though he has a patient sat in front of him rather than someone who though an amateur is nonetheless a well read one.
I reckon one could easily forego the first 20 mins of the cast (Landsberg attempts to cite the now famous rabbit study). Dave has to interupt for the sake of time because the gentleman has a slight tendency to waffle. Will edit in a bit, I need to take a break.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With rare exceptions, I don't really listen that closely to anything to do with cholesterol. I feel like I've maxed out on it and have care factor zero nowadays.

Reactions: DJC3
M

Member496333

With rare exceptions, I don't really listen that closely to anything to do with cholesterol. I feel like I've maxed out on it and have care factor zero nowadays.

I’m the same. Long since stopped caring, and unless someone can show me that I have inflammation this will remain the case. At which point it would be the inflammation that would be addressed, not the stuff of life that’s attempting to repair it.