Cider vinegar

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All
Does anyone know when you are supposed to have cider vinegar? I have read it helps with weight loss but not sure if you take it before meals or after and is it just once per day?
Cheers
Debbie

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a friend who swears by cider vinegar with mother ? Drinks a tablespoon in a glass of water before meals. Hope this helps.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Vinegar also helpe reduce post prandial bs and aides digestion. You can usi it on salads, drink as above or I use mustard a lot. I don't like straight vinegar. Also the mother causes too much wind. Lol

Reactions: 2 people

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Vinegar also helpe reduce post prandial bs and aides digestion. You can usi it on salads, drink as above or I use mustard a lot. I don't like straight vinegar. Also the mother causes too much wind. Lol
Am I missing something? What's all this 'mother' ref about lol

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Easier to stick to salad and have it in a dressing each day with oil, mustard and herbs.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Either with or before. The mother is cloudy murky stuff that is fermented and enzymes. Here, braggs brand has the mother. It's supposed to be healthier but it's the vinegar that lowers bs and helps digestion. Google it for a better explanation. Also if I'm hungry or sour stomach a tsp of mustard shuts it down.

ExD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm totally confused now, I've read the posts through twice but am completely in the dark still - what has mother got to do with it? Then you have - Scuppernong grape raisons - sounds like something from a Roald Dahl childrens' book!
Someone's pulling my leg.
I did try cider vinegar and honey at one time, then realised that perhaps the honey wasn't such a good idea (it was quite tasty actually) and I didn't lose weight!

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm totally confused now, I've read the posts through twice but am completely in the dark still - what has mother got to do with it? Then you have - Scuppernong grape raisons - sounds like something from a Roald Dahl childrens' book!
Someone's pulling my leg.
I did try cider vinegar and honey at one time, then realised that perhaps the honey wasn't such a good idea (it was quite tasty actually) and I didn't lose weight!

The mother is the cloudy organic stuff apparently as it contains the fermentation and hasn't been filtered so it works better.

Reactions: 2 people