Cinamon?

Dusk71

Hi.
I’ve searched on the various topics and can’t find anything about using Cinamon to help reduce bs. I see that research shows it can help so I’ve ordered some capsules to see how that goes. My bs are currently riding quite high since Christmas so I’m up for anything.
Anyone tried this?

ixi1429

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not yet. But please post if it works. Before I got diagnosed I loved Cinnamon iced buns/cakes etc...

Reactions: Dusk71

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes when my bg levels are high, I take 500mg after lunch or dinner.

It reduces bg levels by 1 mmol !!!

Amazing, but I would first consult your Doctor/GP before taking any supplements.

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I use Ceylonese Cinnamon as this is supposed to be purer and is believed the lower blood sugar levels. The Chinese cinnamon which I believe comes from a different plant and is cheaper. Since using regularly it is hard to confirm if it lowers Bs as I take Lantus Januvia & Metformin plus diet plus Exercise it is hard to tell which is responsible for my levels what I do notice is a much steadier blood sugar level since using Ceylonese Cinnamon les s of a roller-coaster graph

Dusk71

Thank you all for the helpful comments. I’m eagerly awaiting my capsules delivery of Cinamon.. will see how it goes

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey Dusk71, anything I have read says Ceylon Cinnamon is the one to use so hopefully your caps will be that! Cinnamon in coffee is so lovely and as Resurgam says, a pinch of salt in your coffee grounds really enhances the flavor and gives you a good nip of salt:)

Dusk71

Hey Dusk71, anything I have read says Ceylon Cinnamon is the one to use so hopefully your caps will be that! Cinnamon in coffee is so lovely and as Resurgam says, a pinch of salt in your coffee grounds really enhances the flavor and gives you a good nip of salt:)

This sounds interesting! Need to give it a try thanks :)

S

Sean01

Hi @Dusk71
Cinnamon - I have it twice a day, if not three times a day.
Either in with my protein shakes or with porridge. I know it helps to reduce my blood pressure and I have also heard that it can be used in managing blood sugars but can't quote the source.

However...capsules!!! That sounds expensive. The capsule will simply contain powdered cinnamon and probably be a very expensive way of buying cinnamon. I use quite a lot - I buy mine in large containers from costco or supermarkets. 2-3 shakes, 2-3 times a day.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I would try buying decent cinnamon and trying to add it in to tea or foods.. I have in tea everyday with my turmeric and black pepper.

As a T1 it doesnt do anything measurable that I can identify for me as I have to control by injections but I do believe my teas have kept me healthy...and no infections since drinking them and definitely better with inflammation due to the turmeric..