Coconut oil gets a beating.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I eat coconut oil everyday as part of my low carb high ft lifestyle.
I've as good as reversed my T2 because of it.
I've also lowered my bad cholesterol and upped the good without medication then I read this ........ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-40300145

Reactions: dbr10

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Same old pile being shoveled using the same shovel. Not only a rant against saturated fat but pushing whole grains. Your results speak for themselves.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You take your choice is what you choose to believe when you read it.
If you're right, someone else must be wrong, and if you keep looking, you're always find someone to agree with you.
Or disagree.
Why worry about it, we all die anyway.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
You take your choice is what you choose to believe when you read it.
If you're right, someone else must be wrong, and if you keep looking, you're always find someone to agree with you.
Or disagree.

Why worry about it, we all die anyway.
Well, lets have a good crack at life first eh. I'm doing okay for the time being. It's just a link a member has found.
I have teenager and I would like another couple of decades of diabetes to get through, another 22 years and that would bring me up to 50 years with diabetes :)

Last edited:

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Well, lets have a good crack at life first eh. I'm doing okay for the time being. It's just a link a member has found.
I have teenager and I would like another couple of decades of diabetes to get through, another 22 years and that would bring me up to 50 years with diabetes :)

So why spend it worrying?
If you're right, ignore it and carry on.
If you've spent 28 years eating coconut oil, and other high saturated fats, it's not suddenly going to affect you adversely now.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
So why spend it worrying?
If you're right, ignore it and carry on.
If you've spent 28 years eating coconut oil, and other high saturated fats, it's not suddenly going to affect you adversely now.

I didn't say I have spent 28 years eating coconut oil, please see your quote I highlighted :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I've also lowered my bad cholesterol and upped the good without medication then I read this ........ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-40300145

If you have found it beneficial, then that is a positive thing and it's working for you. If we all worried about everything we ate and read, we wouldn't eat or do anything, so take it with a pinch of salt ( a very small pinch ;))

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I didn't say I have spent 28 years eating coconut oil, please see your quote I highlighted :)

Ah ok, back to my first post then, if you've spent 28 years not eating it, just 22 to go eating it then, or not eating it.
(Or some other ratio, doesn't really matter)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ah ok, back to my first post then, if you've spent 28 years not eating it, just 22 to go eating it then, or not eating it.
(Or some other ratio, doesn't really matter)

:D

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Last coconut oil I had was in the coffeemate from the (free) office vending machine.
Unlimited, all day long, that pushed my cholesterol up too.

Dark Horse

Always ask who is saying what, why, where, when and how. The BBC really does not have a good record on reliable reporting. It is far better to base your decisions on reality.
The BBC was reporting on updated advice from the American Heart Association which was published on the 15 June. It's not the BBC's job to agree or disagree with the content, just report what was said which seems to have been done quite reliably. They even included a link to the original publication http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/early/2017/06/15/CIR.0000000000000510.

Reactions: Struma

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last coconut oil I had was in the coffeemate from the (free) office vending machine.
Unlimited, all day long, that pushed my cholesterol up too.
So your high cholesterol was caused by coffee mate? No carbs involved then...let's blame the fat...

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can't even take such information with a pinch of salt now - as that's probably going to screw you too... :banghead:

Robbity

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
So your high cholesterol was caused by coffee mate? No carbs involved then...let's blame the fat...

Yes, I figured someone would be jumping on that bandwagon.
So, we ignore the donuts, the bread, the greggs at lunch, the increase to two sugars in the coffee, rather than one because the coffee mate was sweet, and just scream, oh, the coffeemate has carbs.
And switching to the same diet, with black coffee, and marvel, and seeing the reduction in cholesterol, doesn't really take a genius to look at the coconut oil in the coffee mate.
Sorry, reality may not suit you, but it doesn't stop it existing for the rest of us.
Keep banging the drum though, at least you can't hear the rest of us talking.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I figured someone would be jumping on that bandwagon.
So, we ignore the donuts, the bread, the greggs at lunch, the increase to two sugars in the coffee, rather than one because the coffee mate was sweet, and just scream, oh, the coffeemate has carbs.
And switching to the same diet, with black coffee, and marvel, and seeing the reduction in cholesterol, doesn't really take a genius to look at the coconut oil in the coffee mate.
Sorry, reality may not suit you, but it doesn't stop it existing for the rest of us.
Keep banging the drum though, at least you can't hear the rest of us talking.
So you gave up donuts.. greggs .. sugar.. again no carbs involved..

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
So you gave up donuts.. greggs .. sugar.. again no carbs involved..
No, I guess you really are being way too set in your ways.
I didn't give them up, we're talking (obviously you're not listening) cholesterol here.
Saturated fats raise cholesterol.
Are you being deliberately awkward?

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Then, I got fat, then I got diabetes.
Then I got slim, and didn't have it anymore
How about you?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Please look google Dr Malhorta Asseem a leading cardioligist in the UK.
His father too...cant remember his name though..
He isnt plying drugs for heart disease and health etc...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Then, I got fat, then I got diabetes.
Then I got slim, and didn't have it anymore
How about you?
How about me what?..
I don't make claims like you.. I manage my condition successfully..
I was fat.. still am a bit but have low blood sugars.. possibly "normal"
I don't fear cholesterol nor believe that what I eat has a significant impact on it. You have a different opinion. Neither of us "know"' one way or the other.. I have however just spent today listening to people who's opinions I respect who would also disagree with you. Should I just keep quiet and let you make statements that I think are wrong?