Coffee Q - cream?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I've always made my coffee with water and just add a little cream to taste. Same result - just different process...

Robbity
I mix it so can froth it up as only use a small amount of cream

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Oh so it should just basically be the top layer of thick milk fat that floats to the top of my milk bottle!

We used to have (in the 1950s) a little pump device which would fit in the top of a milk bottle and then draw off the cream floating at the top.

I tried to find one on line just now but all that I found was commercial cream separators for dairy use. From this I am guessing that they squeeze a lot more cream out of the milk than just floats to the top.

The cream we used to get off the top of gold top Jersey milk wasn't anywhere near as thick as the stuff you buy as double cream in the shops. Perhaps closer to single cream.

So for the real thing, buy double cream. Just not the "extra thick" stuff which has been mucked about to make it gloopy.:)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Loving reading this.

I use double cream/heavy cream (Tescos) and measure it out in a v scientific method, lol.
I pour the minimum i possibly can directly from the cream pot. The surface tension of the liquid means that this is a pretty standard amount, and saves on washing up a spoon. Haha!

Actually, maybe I should measure it one day. Might be interesting it find out how much ‘the minimum’ is.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Loving reading this.

I use double cream/heavy cream (Tescos) and measure it out in a v scientific method, lol.
I pour the minimum i possibly can directly from the cream pot. The surface tension of the liquid means that this is a pretty standard amount, and saves on washing up a spoon. Haha!

Actually, maybe I should measure it one day. Might be interesting it find out how much ‘the minimum’ is.

I do much the same. Straight from the tub to my cup, twice. So tip, return, tip, return! I just call it 2 dollops.

Reactions: Speedbird

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My standard measurement of cream is ‘a good glug’.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have Jersey double cream every evening with full fat yoghurt a square of very dark choc and some berries or a small amount of satsuma .
But I am trying to keep my bgs levels down and gain weight
PS best cream is Langley farm Jersey double cream
CAROL