Comfy Shoes

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Hi I have quite wide feet, but not massive. I wear a suit to work and as a result I have to wear smart shoes, which look good, but don't feel great. When not in meetings, I take my shoes off and sit at my desk in my socks as my feet ache and I get restless leg syndrome at nighttime. I have a second, comfier pair of shoes that are tied 'loosely' so if I have to walk about to see people, I don't have to keep tying and retying my shoelaces. This isn't ideal and unfortunately the comfortable shoes are not compatible with suitable business attire. I do keep looking though and I think the closest I've had for comfort have been hush puppies. Being lightweight though, the soles are very thin and being a commuter and walking about a lot, they tend to wear a lot faster than your regular shoe.

I'll look at these sites above (some will probably be female,judging by the names) but I do like a well-crafted, comfortable shoe!

Sameer

Hush Pupies are soft and comfartable you can buy formal shoes from there
I wear those to

Novomix 30
Morning 10 units before breakfast 12 at night before dinner

Flakey Bake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there,
I have wide achey feet which don't do well in heels. I have found a brand called "Josef siebel", which are made of soft leather, really good soles and last forever. I have never suffered a blister breaking a pair in. They are not officially wide fit, but are generous ( I normally take and E to EE).
Hope this helps

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
I have been browsing and looking at foot reflexology shoes - Kenkoh - and also insoles.
Does anyone have these or know if they can help diabetes?

peterrr

Hello, i have read most of this forum thread but i may have missed something.. could some one just confirm whether it is insoles that provide the comfort or something added to the design of the shoes itself? Currently I wear sports insoles by nuovahealth, they are really made for sports so im not quite sure if you the insoles can be used form general use too... but they have made my sports trainers a lot more comfy anyway and before my trainers were really not comfy at all before i got them....