Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
All night i’ve been running high above 13mmol/l which I think is down to fighting a cold so decided to get out into the garden to try and knock some shape into it.. well it worked finally..

Attachments

• 471D3A29-7EB4-47BC-833A-6C3CAF8756F0.jpeg
    471D3A29-7EB4-47BC-833A-6C3CAF8756F0.jpeg
    690 KB · Views: 236
Reactions: SueJB and Dodo

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Wow that's fast JJ.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Felt like being on an Olympic ski slope.. got fed up of doing corrections as that just wasn’t working and as it was dry -gardening was the next best thing.. always works :wideyed:

Reactions: Dodo

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey @Juicyj . Can I send you my address? I'm more than happy for you to come and do my gardening. If it helps to get your sugars down all the better. Win win for both of us.:)
Seriously, take care, looks like you may end up having a bit of a rollercoaster day.

Reactions: Dodo

NoKindOfSusie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If I have scary numbers I just go running, like, not a proper run, just around the block maybe twice, then I don't know if that happens as I don't have a libre but it sort of seems like that happens. Also that makes it pretty clear why an actual run is non feasible, you'd end up at -10.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey @Juicyj . Can I send you my address? I'm more than happy for you to come and do my gardening. If it helps to get your sugars down all the better. Win win for both of us.:)
Seriously, take care, looks like you may end up having a bit of a rollercoaster day.

Can we share @Juicyj ? If my OH says one more time, "a year in weed is seven in seed", I swear I will do mortal damage.

As he's only 4500 miles away at the moment, he's feeling all safe!

@Juicyj - That's quite a precipice, and must be quite alarming first time you see something like that on the Libre.

Reactions: Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Available Sundays only, rates negotiable but must provide glucose !

Gardening is always my go to when running high - sadly @DCUKMod I do get these but fortunately they are once in a blue moon but when the insulin isn’t working you have to do what you got to do to get them down :banghead:

Reactions: Brunneria and Dodo

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I do not know about bringing bg down from a hyper but as to gardening Monty Don says to give up your gym membership and get yourself a compost heap, best excercise there is! Glad your feeling better.

Reactions: Dodo and Juicyj

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've found there is nothing like pushing a few wheelbarrows of horse s*** around to get my blood sugars down to hypo level!! 17 to emergency jelly babies the other day - but that's OK because I like jelly babies.

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Felt like being on an Olympic ski slope.. got fed up of doing corrections as that just wasn’t working and as it was dry -gardening was the next best thing.. always works :wideyed:
I agree. Gardening seems to work faster than any other exercise. I always need a fix after about 20 mins!

Reactions: Juicyj

Bertyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Funnily enough, I've been all over the place today and I thought I had it nailed. I had a takeaway salad at lunch and I think the dressing might have been loaded with sugar. I felt rotten by 2:30pm and tested to find I was running at 10.8, which the first double-digit reading since it came down into single digits. So, I took a correction of Novorapid (about 4 units I think). By 7:30pm I was down at 3.6, which was a bit annoying as I'd planned to leave the offiice. So I took a dextrose tablet to pull it back up a bit for driving and tested 15 minutes later and was at 5.2 - great. Now I got home and tested again and I'm 8.2! Gah!
I've been trying to reduce my basal so I wonder if that has something to do with it?

Reactions: SueJB

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Funnily enough, I've been all over the place today and I thought I had it nailed. I had a takeaway salad at lunch and I think the dressing might have been loaded with sugar. I felt rotten by 2:30pm and tested to find I was running at 10.8, which the first double-digit reading since it came down into single digits. So, I took a correction of Novorapid (about 4 units I think). By 7:30pm I was down at 3.6, which was a bit annoying as I'd planned to leave the offiice. So I took a dextrose tablet to pull it back up a bit for driving and tested 15 minutes later and was at 5.2 - great. Now I got home and tested again and I'm 8.2! Gah!
I've been trying to reduce my basal so I wonder if that has something to do with it?
My BG has a mind of her own. I/we experience the same phenomenon after correcting her with fruit pastilles:arghh: