Competitions and things

How is the weather where u r? (I have too much spare time)

• Sunny

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Rainy

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Normal UK weather - rubbish

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

arjster

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Sundays!
Does any1 enter comps on other sites or off magazines and actually win stuff?

The most I've ever entered and won was a bottle of champayne off the radio times! Some people make it a living to win competitions - ive heard of people who have won mega cruises and things!

Random, i know! But i still wonder about it...!

Oh yeah - I won a free sundae from mcdonaklds too! :mrgreen:

Poppy123

Iused to do quite a few comps, the slogan sort, and won a few little prizes which came in useful sometimes. Have started entering comps again in the last month, having found a good forum to help locate them.

My daughter rarely buys the magazine but has twice had a prize from Take a Break. Once a voucher for Homebase and this week a £100 cheque.

I am still hoping!!!

yorksherpud

A couple of years ago my mum did a lot of competitions and won some great stuff, a couple of foreign holidays, a motorbike (as you can imagine she got a lot of stick for that), a lovely set of pans and lots of beauty products and the like.

One day the postie commented on all the parcels and my mum told her that she did competitions as a serious hobby and never knew what would be turning up on her door. She noticed a drop in the amount of prizes she won after that despite still entering the same number of competitions (apparently the amount of prizes you win is relevant to the amount of comps you enter).

Me, personally, I couldn't win a black eye in a fight lol!

Happy comping and good luck for all those that do enter

Mel

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
i never really win anything but the last few days i have been on a winning streek woooo go me i have found a new love for lucky gold scatch cards the first one i won £5 the i brought two more yesterday and i won £2 so with my winnings today i brought two more as they are £1 each and i won a whoping £35 so im on a roll anyone else ???

Mal

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi angelbite11687,

Would you like to share your roll??
:lol:

chocoholic

Entering consumer competitions has been my favourite hobby since I was 10 years old. I have been lucky enough to win some lovely prizes over the years, including a car, holidays to America (x3), Australia, Italy (x2), Mexico and lots of weekend breaks, a trip on the Orient Express,a flight on Concorde, £5,000 worth of Safeway vouchers and many other lovely prizes.
I always wanted to be at home for our boys when they were growing up but money was always a bit tight, so at least I felt I was contributing to the housekeeping with my wins.I always loved the slogan competitions the most but sadly they seem to be on the decline now. (More text draws and instant wins these days but I still find the odd slogan comp. to inspire me.)