1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Concerned about Gluco results

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Laconic, May 29, 2020.

1. Laconic

Laconic · Well-Known Member

I recently changed my diet, as I do a physical job and found that I was losing energy during the day, so I have been having my main meal such as Chicken and Broccoli for breakfast as well as dinner, I was finding that bacon, sausages in the morning were not filling me up, but I have continued with eggs my new breakfast.
    I’ve noticed an improvement in my physical performance, but my gluco results have gone up a bit fasting levels in the late 5’s to late 6’s and 7’s two hours after meals, previously I was always 5 fasting and between 5 to 5.5 two hours after meals.
    I’m worried I’m now in prediabetic range, as I’ve only just got into normal range at 39 but would only a HbA1c confirm this and are Gluco readings always accurate or can they over or under read.
    Plus I am on 500mg metformin daily and at my last review was told I’m on track to come of medication completely and be diet controlled and I don’t want to jeopardise this

#1 Laconic, May 29, 2020 at 10:25 PM
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
  2. LaoDan

LaoDan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Might need to pull apart the meals to find out what item is giving you the rise.

BTW, if I’m still feeling hungry, I add in fiber, like chia seeds or psyllium husk, keeps me feeling full for hours.

3. ianf0ster

ianf0ster Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I don't understand why you found sausages and bacon were not filling at breakfast unless you weren't eating enough of them. Though back before I adopted Time Restricted Eating (16:8) I usually has eggs for breakfast.
    In controlling my T2D (TOFI) I didn't ever doing anything that my body didn't like;
    I ate more at my meals - particularly more traditional fats - fatty meat and fish, nuts, eggs, cheese, full fat cream and greek style yogurt. etc. so I could cut out snacks.
    I only started skipping breakfast when I found that I was really no longer hungry in the morning.

4. Diane_56

Diane_56 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Where do you get them seeds from

5. LaoDan

LaoDan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

from my local supermarket or I order them online, super healthy, lots of omega 3. Don’t eat too many to start. They’re pretty tasteless, so a teaspoon over a salad or yogurt is enough

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook