Concerned about Gluco results

Laconic

I recently changed my diet, as I do a physical job and found that I was losing energy during the day, so I have been having my main meal such as Chicken and Broccoli for breakfast as well as dinner, I was finding that bacon, sausages in the morning were not filling me up, but I have continued with eggs my new breakfast.
I’ve noticed an improvement in my physical performance, but my gluco results have gone up a bit fasting levels in the late 5’s to late 6’s and 7’s two hours after meals, previously I was always 5 fasting and between 5 to 5.5 two hours after meals.
I’m worried I’m now in prediabetic range, as I’ve only just got into normal range at 39 but would only a HbA1c confirm this and are Gluco readings always accurate or can they over or under read.
Plus I am on 500mg metformin daily and at my last review was told I’m on track to come of medication completely and be diet controlled and I don’t want to jeopardise this

Last edited:

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Might need to pull apart the meals to find out what item is giving you the rise.

BTW, if I’m still feeling hungry, I add in fiber, like chia seeds or psyllium husk, keeps me feeling full for hours.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
I don't understand why you found sausages and bacon were not filling at breakfast unless you weren't eating enough of them. Though back before I adopted Time Restricted Eating (16:8) I usually has eggs for breakfast.
In controlling my T2D (TOFI) I didn't ever doing anything that my body didn't like;
I ate more at my meals - particularly more traditional fats - fatty meat and fish, nuts, eggs, cheese, full fat cream and greek style yogurt. etc. so I could cut out snacks.
I only started skipping breakfast when I found that I was really no longer hungry in the morning.

Diane_56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Might need to pull apart the meals to find out what item is giving you the rise.

BTW, if I’m still feeling hungry, I add in fiber, like chia seeds or psyllium husk, keeps me feeling full for hours.
Where do you get them seeds from

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Where do you get them seeds from

from my local supermarket or I order them online, super healthy, lots of omega 3. Don’t eat too many to start. They’re pretty tasteless, so a teaspoon over a salad or yogurt is enough

Reactions: Diane_56