Confused.com

juju85

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Washing up ! Lol
Hey everyone haven't posted in a while hope everyone's okay , tbh I'm so confused and a little upset , for ages I've been trying my hardest to control my blood sugars and I've done good my hba1c was 89 it's now 62 but that's not my issue my issue is I'm trying my hardest to lower my blood sugars by eating right taking my meds etc and a friend of mine doesn't take their meds drinks several cups of coffee with 4 sugars and drinks up to 10 beers a night yet their sugars are lower than mine ?! Am I doing something wrong ?

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Everyone is different. Your friend might not be diabetic or might have a different type of diabetes. There are 8 main types of diabetes and dozens of rare types. Their habits will be doing them harm, even though their sugar results are low. Are you seeing the result on the meter or is this just what they are saying?

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
June 13 my B'S averaged around 19..now its around 6

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The only thing that you're possibly doing wrong is worrying about what your friend is doing! :D It's not a competition to see who is getting the better levels: you're not them, your body and your diabetes are not theirs - we're all different. If your friend is diabetic and taking insulin this can often "allow" much more leeway diet-wise, which is possibly not always a good thing. So just concentrate on what you need to do to manage your diabetes, and keep a close eye on the carbohydrates/sugar in your diet, and you'll eventually get your own good results.

Robbity

Reactions: 8 people