1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Confused, concerned and disappointed

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by adamstclare, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Alison Campbell

Alison Campbell Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

After reading about online access to test results and notes here. I requested the form for online access in December. The receptionist did not know where the forms were but got advice from a colleague.

Filled in the form there for max access allowed and showed photo ID and five days later recieved password in the post. Got my test results 3 weeks before review appointment. Thanks everyone!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Christine McMillan

Christine McMillan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Confused. Re the classes. Where I live my husbwnd did a six week 2.5 hr weekly class. More info thsn you could imagine, the coursevis available on line. This is my firdt posting though and I'm surrounded by computer codevso I hope it comes out 'clean'. Will get info and come back, can't have two pages open on iPad sensibly.

3. Christine McMillan

Csn't yet see my first reply. Anyway look for the X-PERT book. In W Berks its a six week 2.5 hr course.

4. Christine McMillan

Ah, see how it works now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Christine McMillan

Grrrrr!! Not showing as available on Amazon any more

6. Christine McMillan

7. Jillytee

Jillytee Type 2 · Active Member

I know how you feel! I was diagnosed 5 months ago right out of the blue after a routine blood test. Apart from the 'Education day' and an eye test no other help offered. Thank god I found this site, I've learnt so much everyone is so helpful, you only have to ask :) . I stick to the low carb high fat diet and have lost 3 stone and got my blood sugar right down. Read and research as much as you can, it really is a 'self help' disease ..... and remember ... carbs = sugar.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Teammidwife

Teammidwife Type 2 · Active Member

Hi.
    I don't tend to post on here, but find information and comments from other t2s. I had been having double vision for a long time, was told I probably had ocularyasthaenia as it was unlikely to be anything else! I have severe migraines, but was told that couldn't cause double vision and diabetes was never mentioned. I was diagnose with t2 last April. My GP pushed a metformin prescription across her desk and said "you do know you have diabetes don't you?". Re, no! I have not been told to use moisturiser. As I am also coming up to my 65th birthday, watching the news about the nhs makes me feel I should go away and hide. I feel like a fat whale who is a drain on the nhs. I buy my own test strips as they won't prescribe them I have just retired from the nhs after being a midwife for years. I feel I have given a lot to the nhs! Take heart from this site, you will learn a lot. Good luck, ann

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. JillCoulter-King

JillCoulter-King Type 2 · Member

my feet get really dry since being diabetic, cream everyday and a good moisture foot sock once a week. if your feet get dry and cracked you leave yourself open to sores and cracks and possible serious infection...goodbye feet

10. nemiabonny

nemiabonny Type 2 · Member

adamstclare,

After reading all the replies you are getting here at diabetes.co.uk, the best diabetes website I have known, you will learn pretty fast that although type 2 diabetes is a mysterious disease, you can make it friendly with the use of D&E control method.

Enjoy life always!!!

Bonny Damocles
    Male, 81 years old, 5'7", 137 lbs
    Most Past A1c's - between 5.2% and 6.3%
    On D&E Control Method since July 1991
    First glucose reading - 468 mg/dl
    Only pharma drug I take is 20 mg/day for my high blood pressure

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook