Confused type 2

Lana~rae

Hi, I’m Lana~Rae
I was pre diabetic for many years as my health declined further having cancer, operations followed then finding out I had some unusual medical problems my life spilled out of control. Now I’m well into type 2 for a number of years and I find it hard to eat. I’m obese but I hate eating. My physical activity is zero due to limited disability needs.
I get higher readings via diabetic nurse when I’ve hardly eaten so it confuses me, even when I do eat it will be a small amount never binge eat never eat crisps or cakes.
I’m missing something and I need help if anyone would be so kind to nudge me on the correct path please.
Y,all have a good day, peace and blessings to you. Lana~Rae

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Could you give us a little more information, please. It would help us to give you appropriate advice and support if you could tell us what, if any, medications you are taking and what your day to day diet consists of. We may be able to help you tweak your diet for better results.

I am also disabled and find regimented exercise impossible but I have made great strides in improving my blood glucose levels, my pain levels and to an extent my mobility. So, there is hope, lass.

See my signature for some useful sites/threads to peruse.

Reactions: ziggy_w

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I’m Lana~Rae
I was pre diabetic for many years as my health declined further having cancer, operations followed then finding out I had some unusual medical problems my life spilled out of control. Now I’m well into type 2 for a number of years and I find it hard to eat. I’m obese but I hate eating. My physical activity is zero due to limited disability needs.
I get higher readings via diabetic nurse when I’ve hardly eaten so it confuses me, even when I do eat it will be a small amount never binge eat never eat crisps or cakes.
I’m missing something and I need help if anyone would be so kind to nudge me on the correct path please.
Y,all have a good day, peace and blessings to you. Lana~Rae
Hi @Lana~rae ,

I'm sorry about your troubles. When I was diagnosed I could barely walk, but that was mainly due to the continuously high blood sugars affecting my muscles and fatigue levels. With a change in diet I got my blood sugars under control and quite a bit of weight went bye-bye. I actually enjoy food more now than I used to. (I can get teary-eyed when something's especially good). So who knows, your relationship with food may improve in the future, not just your physical condition. There's hope here.

Guzzler has a point, we really do need to know more to give proper advice, like your HbA1c, your medication, and what an average day looks like food and drink wise, stuff like that. Do you have a meter? I have a little quick-start guide, but don't jump into that blindly if your meds don't allow for it, eh. Speak to your doc first if you want to try something. Anyway, this is it: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/

Good luck...!
Jo

Reactions: ziggy_w

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Lana~rae and welcome to the forum.
Although you have been diagnosed a few years you might find our useful info post handy, so here it is:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.17088/
Come back with any further questions you have. And just to mention, I was diagnosed Type 2 when I was waiting for surgery on my feet so wasn’t exercising very much at all, and I still managed to achieve non diabetic levels and lose a shed load of weight by low carb diet and Metformin with self monitoring.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome to the forum. This is place full of people who are helpful and experienced, I'm still a newbie but the advice I have received here is life changing. My first piece of advice is that if you don't already have a meter to get one and test regularly. My second piece of advice is to let people know what you are eating, what your readings are and what medication you are on- only then can people give you the benefit of their years of experience.

Good luck and keep reading and posting

Thankful1

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
welcome to the forum, I'm so sorry to hear that you've had such a difficult time, I hope that you will find the help that you need.