Constantly exhausted

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this or not.

I am a type II diabetic on an insulin pump (I know this is unusual) and have just started Victoza (yesterday).

I am constantly exhausted and can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. My blood sugars are not that well controlled but I'm wondering if there is anything apart from my diabetes that could be causing this. I don't know if I ask my GP about it will he just say that I need to get my sugars better controlled.

Just wondered if anyone had any advice because it is really depressing me now. I don't get half the stuff done that I should around the house because I am so tired :(

WhitbyJet

I used to have that problem when my bg levels were running high, so your exhaustion could be due to that.
But not every symptom is diabetes related, so my advice is go back to your doctor and ask for some tests to be carried out, there are many conditions that can cause constant exhaustion, e.g. you could be anaemic or have thyroid problems.

All the best

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd add another couple of deficiencies that make you feel exhausted - they are Vitamin D deficiency and Vitamin B12 deficiency.

Hope you feel better soon.

justdavid

Dislikes
Diabetes.
Sleep apnea is a common disorder in which you can feel constantly exhaustion, I am type 2 and have sleep apnea, ask your Dr about it and he or she will send you for tests for it.