Continued Focus On Calories And Saturated Fats.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dietary guidance from Diabetes Singapore
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10155402623697143&id=244162762142

upload_2018-7-17_22-31-45.png

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow - they think that is suitable for a diabetic? I could not eat that amount of carbs in a meal without going sky high.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
The comments on that Facebook page are interesting and you'll not be surprised to learn that there doesn't seem to be much support to the approach being recommended.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
What is scary is that they believe in this. I actually think it boarders negligence.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What is scary is that they believe in this. I actually think it boarders negligence.

Unfortunately yes. It is absolutely shocking and tragic that they don't hesitate to recommend meals with over 90g refine carbs while warning about removing the skins and fats to reduce saturated fats...a complete misdirection and missing the elephant in the room.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
They measure Cholesterol? I mean, they actually put the amount of cholesterol alongside nutritional values?
This alone is staggering, I am not really surprised about the high carbs, though I should be but whose idea was that?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Something about (nutrition) science changing one funeral at a time comes to mind..I am not at all surprised that in the absence of a clear steer, dieticians cling to the low fat, low calorie dogma given that those who publiclysuggest any alternative, are actively pursued by their professional bodies for malpractice.
Ditch the rice and sticky chilli sauce and keep the skin on the chicken (which is mono and polyunsaturated mainly in any case)...I think there is nothing sadder than one of those chicken breasts that has been denuded of skin sitting in its plastic tray looking like one of those things people stick in their bra to boost their cleavage.
https://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/food/roast-chicken/fat

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Something about (nutrition) science changing one funeral at a time comes to mind..

Unfortunately while nutritionist/dieticians and health care provider drag their feet on the issue...countless T2D are losing theirs...not to mention their sight and kidneys.