Corona virus

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I think coronavirus is a scam because it's made government, government trying to control us
I think scam is the wrong word.
Man made maybe and released on purpose maybe.
Something isn't right that's for sure.
Noticed no one dies of flu anymore?

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Yes it is just a variation of flu with a particular liking for the lungs. However all on here have access to the flu jab as do thousands of over 65s. And in reality if you have ever had proper flu you never say the words, ‘it is only like flu!’ Real flu, not the ones people glibly say they have had, is nasty.
Flu is a word used quite often by some for a really bad cold , apparently if you say that you have the flu and someone puts a million pounds in front of you and says if you can pick up one of those bank notes you can have it all and you can then you dinny have the flu.

Reactions: EllieM

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I look ahead and it looks dark.
I see winter coming and Brexit and disease.
I see most of the worlds countries closing their borders and isolating themselves from neighbouring countries.
Some countries will find it easier than others.
I see many countries becoming isolated islands.
I see the airports and sea ports closing and the channel tunnel too.
How will Britain fare?
If it goes on for any length of time I see the coalmines opening up again ... good news in the darkness that.
I see rationing of everything food fuel electricity.
I see marshal law on the streets.
No I'm not depressed thanks but I see grim times ahead with very little good news coming from anywhere.
I used to dream of living on an isolated island. Now I just scream

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
That's because it is summer.
It might be summer now it wasn't at the beginning of this thing and no one .... was dying of flu.
I think I had the covid virus in October but no one was looking for it then.
I suddenly felt quite poorly.
My sense of taste was gone and I ended up with fluid on my lungs.
Still no answers as to why my doc .... totally baffled.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Seize the day. Live each day like it is your last. Covid is a terrible disease. But so is cancer, a night time hypo death, a car crash, a heart attack. I could go on. It is a risk, but as time goes on and life is on hold, it becomes one I am prepared to gamble with. At 60 I may have 1, 5,10 or more years left. What’s the point of living them in isolation from all the things that make life worth living. It becomes a life half lived. Do what you can to protect yourself. Hand washing and a mask if it’s law. But please get one that actually protects you not a piece of cloth that just makes you feel protected. Sanitise your hands, put it on, DO NOT TOUCH AT ALL! Remove into a plastic bag and sanitise your hands again. If you do not do this, a mask is absolutely pointless. I have yet to see anyone not touching their mask, or sanitising when they poke under their chin to be used later. I always sanitise and use a fresh one. A surgeon does not put under their chin and reuse.

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think scam is the wrong word.
Man made maybe and released on purpose maybe.
Something isn't right that's for sure.
Noticed no one dies of flu anymore?

300,000 people world wide have died of the flu this year, 469 of those people have died in the last 24hrs. Every year we average 700 - 1500 deaths per day.

That’s why coronavirus is being taken so seriously, more people would die from the flu if there wasn’t a vaccine. As someone that’s experienced both - the flu caused my asthma, coronavirus (maybe) caused my diabetes. I’ve taken it seriously right from the beginning but I still got caught out & I got sick right as schools closed.

It’s not a scam & the longer people believe it is the longer we are going to suffer.

https://www.worldometers.info/

Reactions: KK123