1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Corona virus

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Lynz84, Mar 1, 2020.

1. JTL

JTL Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I think scam is the wrong word.
    Man made maybe and released on purpose maybe.
    Something isn't right that's for sure.
    Noticed no one dies of flu anymore?

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Ushthetaff

Ushthetaff Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Flu is a word used quite often by some for a really bad cold , apparently if you say that you have the flu and someone puts a million pounds in front of you and says if you can pick up one of those bank notes you can have it all and you can then you dinny have the flu.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

I used to dream of living on an isolated island. Now I just scream

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That's because it is summer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. JTL

JTL Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It might be summer now it wasn't at the beginning of this thing and no one .... was dying of flu.
    I think I had the covid virus in October but no one was looking for it then.
    I suddenly felt quite poorly.
    My sense of taste was gone and I ended up with fluid on my lungs.
    Still no answers as to why my doc .... totally baffled.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Seize the day. Live each day like it is your last. Covid is a terrible disease. But so is cancer, a night time hypo death, a car crash, a heart attack. I could go on. It is a risk, but as time goes on and life is on hold, it becomes one I am prepared to gamble with. At 60 I may have 1, 5,10 or more years left. What’s the point of living them in isolation from all the things that make life worth living. It becomes a life half lived. Do what you can to protect yourself. Hand washing and a mask if it’s law. But please get one that actually protects you not a piece of cloth that just makes you feel protected. Sanitise your hands, put it on, DO NOT TOUCH AT ALL! Remove into a plastic bag and sanitise your hands again. If you do not do this, a mask is absolutely pointless. I have yet to see anyone not touching their mask, or sanitising when they poke under their chin to be used later. I always sanitise and use a fresh one. A surgeon does not put under their chin and reuse.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. TashT1

TashT1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

300,000 people world wide have died of the flu this year, 469 of those people have died in the last 24hrs. Every year we average 700 - 1500 deaths per day.

That’s why coronavirus is being taken so seriously, more people would die from the flu if there wasn’t a vaccine. As someone that’s experienced both - the flu caused my asthma, coronavirus (maybe) caused my diabetes. I’ve taken it seriously right from the beginning but I still got caught out & I got sick right as schools closed.

It’s not a scam & the longer people believe it is the longer we are going to suffer.

https://www.worldometers.info/

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook