could i be diabetic

margaret2010

i started going loo alot felt hungry alot dry mouth and pain in ankle and leg around january i decided to get gluocose test at chemist it was 8.6 went back next morning it was 5.8 ,been testing it myself each day the last 2 weeks it always aroun 6.0 and 65 of a morning but 2hrs after i eat it goes up to middle 7 and 8 i can tell when it up to 7 or 8 s as i start getting this really bad hungry feeling then my mouth goes so dry an my head feels really funny, other day i ate 2 wagon wheels it was 8.6 2 hrs later an i felt so faint , does anyone know if them levels are high

Giblet

Hello Margaret. You should really get yourself down to the GP to get him to check you properly. Your symptoms may point to diabetes, but there's only one way to find out for sure! Let us know how you get on.

margaret2010

went nurse last week got a chart to fill in see doctor next week yesterday had reading of 7.2 2hrs after breck 7.0 before evening meal then 2hrs after 7.4 then bed time 6.4 not sure if that normal

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
Hi Margaret, ideal fasting levels would be between 4-6. Ideal levels 2 hours after meals should be under 8.
I would see your GP and get checked out.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi Caz :)

Sorry to hear that your numbers aren't going down. Are you following the advice that Sue gave you on your other post? What are you eating? Give us some information so that we can hep you. :)