Countdown to Christmas

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Think I'm going for a red pashmina and a sparkly Christmas wreath pin. A bit more appropriate?
Was at a school Christmas Fair last week and the staff all dressed as elves. One had got her costume off Amazon. Let's just say that it left very little to the imagination maybe she should have read the product description more carefully!?
OOOH Er missus!

Reactions: Sable_Jan
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
One week today, will be my other grandsons birthday, Sunday 18th, so hoping to see him, I have some prezzie's for him and also £10 in a card. I can't believe it is just two weeks to the big day, hasn't this year gone by quickly ?

images

With season's greetings x

K

Kat100

One week today, will be my other grandsons birthday, Sunday 18th, so hoping to see him, I have some prezzie's for him and also £10 in a card. I can't believe it is just two weeks to the big day, hasn't this year gone by quickly ?

images

With season's greetings x
Great news regarding your grandson .. dear robs , so pleased ..
have a very wonderful Christmas x this year has gone really quickly xxx happy Christmas @Robinredbreast love and hugs Kat x

K

Kat100

Cannot face putting up the full size tree this year - brought just a little one about 18 inches high - don't think it will hold any lights etc. so I have decided to hang a few of my special baubles on ribbon from the curtain pole so they can hand in the window but won't put them up until around 12th December. Reason for this is that this is the first ever Christmas that I am going to be on my own, also last year although not completely alone, my mother passed away just before Christmas and I am finding it all a little bit hard this year to find the joy!
Thinking of you today the 12 December @srobertson06 x

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hasn't it just....doesn't seem long since I was impatiently waiting for lighter nights....
If it's any consolation, tonight is the earliest sunset of the year (not quite the same thing as the shortest day, which is in about a week's time). From tomorrow onwards, the evenings start drawing out again - though it will be a while before you start to notice the difference, as it's a matter of a few seconds, to start with :)

Sunrise will continue to get later every morning until about 10th January but that never bothers me as much. All to do with the fact that the Earth isn't a perfect sphere, apparently.

K

Kat100

If it's any consolation, tonight is the earliest sunset of the year (not quite the same thing as the shortest day, which is in about a week's time). From tomorrow onwards, the evenings start drawing out again - though it will be a while before you start to notice the difference, as it's a matter of a few seconds, to start with :)

Sunrise will continue to get later every morning until about 10th January but that never bothers me as much. All to do with the fact that the Earth isn't a perfect sphere, apparently.
You should be on planet earth x
I love it when the days change :)

S

Sable_Jan

Well I made another gluten/dairy free chocolate cake but using olive oil. The dairy free spread is too dry & sticky. Got a lovely rise on it and the batter tasted nice so think it's a winner this time. None of visiting family like Xmas cake or pudding. The two sliced lumps of chocolate cake in freezer will make a nice pudding with chocolate, mint or even orange custard....

Reactions: Clivethedrive
S

Sable_Jan

Found more of the floor in the bedroom I need to put beds up in..sofa bed and a fold up single. Need to find sofa bed next as it has bedding and sewing machine on it (that I need to service before eldest takes it back with her