Status
Not open for further replies.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The PCR test doesn't tell you that you are sick, the symptoms tell you that you are sick, the PCR tells you what is making you sick.

Which is why it shouldn't be used on the "asymptomatic" (likely not even ill) so they then can come back "positive" and inflate the figures.
I have been banging on about this for a while.
Especially when we are running cycle thresholds at a high rate.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Quite! Spain and France have enforced mask wearing a lot more than here yet their 'cases' have also increased in line with the changing season.
If people (i.e. me) disagree with the premise of wearing a mask then the first attack is on one's morality (do it to protect others as the government propaganda says), the second string is that recent theoretical science shows that they are effective at stopping viruses (dummy simulating a cough) but not the preceding science which has failed to show efficacy of the masks people wear (cloth) and the 3rd string is ' well even if you don't believe in it, please wear one so other people feel safe'.
I am not sure the latter line is convincing either since to me the sight of us all masked up seems to emphasise the fearful environment.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Which is why it shouldn't be used on the "asymptomatic" (likely not even ill) so they then can come back "positive" and inflate the figures.
I have been banging on about this for a while.
Especially when we are running cycle thresholds at a high rate.

Can asymtomatics spread the virus? Is there any way to control them?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can asymtomatics spread the virus? Is there any way to control them?

Highly unlikely.. how anyway could you identify an asymptomatic person?

They are by definition symptom-less.

And as we know the "tests" are far from accurate.

@lucylocket61
The irony of the headline seems to have passed you by

"How many Covid-19 patients have no symptoms"

The answer must be none because they won't be patients.

Reactions: Member496333

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can't top that from the horse's mouth but a letter to the Bmj also explains the concerns:
https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m2420/rr-5

Startling.
That particular "horse" died aged 74 back in August 2019.

I checked out the piece in it's entirety, the footage shows Kary Mullis speaking on campus in 1995 to a student union on a hypothesis that HIV does not cause AIDS. In fact he concluded that "lifestyle" was causing the symptoms & that the drugs prescribed was to treat it was doing more harm than good.?

It's another "one" of those videos that can't be embedded on the forum due to the adult language content in places.
The title is here.
Kary Mullis, inventor of the PCR, talks about the HIV-AIDS connection

Last edited:

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Highly unlikely.. how anyway could you identify an asymptomatic person?

They are by definition symptom-less.

And as we know the "tests" are far from accurate.

@lucylocket61
The irony of the headline seems to have passed you by

"How many Covid-19 patients have no symptoms"

The answer must be none because they won't be patients.
Wow, that's some twisted logic there from you. Look up typhoid Mary, for example.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I think @bulkbiker and @Nicole1971’s attitudes are already set. So are the attitudes of those of us who have accepted the demonstrations showing that good masks will be beneficial in limiting the spread of Covid-19. Is there any real point in continuing with this argument?
I am, however, interested in whether it’s possible to while wearing a mask. Has anyone done so?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am, however, interested in whether it’s possible to while wearing a mask. Has anyone done so?

Agree with your first point. Seems to be a critical word missing from this question. Am now intrigued!

Reactions: hankjam

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Agree with your first point. Seems to be a critical word missing from this question. Am now intrigued!
Oops, thought it was there when I posted.
Is it possible to play contact sports while wearing a mask? Has anyone done so?

Reactions: Goonergal

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Startling.
That particular "horse" died aged 74 back in August 2019.

I checked out the piece in it's entirety, the footage shows Kary Mullis speaking on campus in 1995 to a student union on a hypothesis that HIV does not cause AIDS. In fact he concluded that "lifestyle" was causing the symptoms & that the drugs prescribed was to treat it was doing more harm than good.?

It's another "one" of those videos that can't be embedded on the forum due to the adult language content in places.
The title is here.
Kary Mullis, inventor of the PCR, talks about the HIV-AIDS connection
I ll have a look - thanks.
The HIV thing is fascinating. A highly reputable scientist Peter Duesberg has doggedly opposed the HIV causes AIDs orthodoxy at great personal career cost on this too along similar lines and that HIV does not fit into the definition of an infectious virus that causes disease (Koch's postulates),hasn't caused AIDS in prostitutes and most of the heterosexual population but is associated with drug users and those using poppers and partying hard. Just like Sars corona there was a race to identify the virus and a pcr test plus a massive industry around testing and treating a virus and of course a failure to develop a vaccine.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oops, thought it was there when I posted.
Is it possible to play contact sports while wearing a mask? Has anyone done so?
Well RFU have not allowed my son to resume full contact rugby so they are stuck with fitness, drills and tag for now.
We allow squash players to play without masks where I work. I think it would be unsafe from a breathing pov! They seem to get plenty of black eyes from crashing into each other with raquets and rogue balls!

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Fascinating article about masks amongst other things.

Interesting, although I get the impression that he is saying that he has worn his fair share of masks and therefore knows all about it. However, statements are made without mentioning any peer reviewed empirical evidence: we are expected to take his word as gospel just because of he has worn masks in his work.

I have no doubt that masks are not 100% effective, visors even less, but I don't think anybody has ever tried to suggest they are. A lot of research has been done over the last 25 years, looking at the effectiveness of wearing mask. There are several countries who have worn masks indoors as well as out, since very early on and they're doing a lot better than the U.K.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting, although I get the impression that he is saying that he has worn his fair share of masks and therefore knows all about it. However, statements are made without mentioning any peer reviewed empirical evidence: we are expected to take his word as gospel just because of he has worn masks in his work.

I have no doubt that masks are not 100% effective, visors even less, but I don't think anybody has ever tried to suggest they are. A lot of research has been done over the last 25 years, looking at the effectiveness of wearing mask. There are several countries who have worn masks indoors as well as out, since very early on and they're doing a lot better than the U.K.
Equal number who have and are doing disastrously like Spain and Belgium.. so probably nothing to do with masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.