COVID-19 Dr David and Jen Unwin

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Interesting revelation I stumbled across whilst listening to YouTube vids in the background...... (from circa 9 mins 10 seconds)

I think I may have had COVID-19 as I noticed during my walks around mid April that my heart rate was jumping to around 187 during the course a walk at around three quarter speed. This happened for several days in a row, even though I felt fine. My normal heart rate at that pace is around 125-135 bpm. Even with sprinting intervals during the walks now, I am not seeing above 152, so something was going on - with any luck this was my COVID hit with full respect to those less fortunate. Below are 4 readings from April and 3 over the last 3 days. This could be that the alogirthm for "Workout" is calibrated different to "Walk", but I don't think so:

Mid April

upload_2020-5-5_13-4-8.png

upload_2020-5-5_13-3-4.png

upload_2020-5-5_13-0-9.png

upload_2020-5-5_12-58-43.png

Last 3 Days:

upload_2020-5-5_13-5-50.png

upload_2020-5-5_13-7-57.png

upload_2020-5-5_13-7-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-5_13-1-55.png
    upload_2020-5-5_13-1-55.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 233

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I graphed my Fitbit data, I was going through something circa 12th - 15th April:

upload_2020-5-5_20-6-20.png

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Remember there isn't just Covid 19 out there.
The seasonal flu colds and other bugs are still out there pouncing on people

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Remember there isn't just Covid 19 out there.
The seasonal flu colds and other bugs are still out there pouncing on people
The thing is, I had no symptoms apart from the increased bpm. The only time I have got close to these numbers were doing hand circles exercises (mimicking punch speed bag work). I find it interesting that my experience intersects the COVID peak.

Today I had a call with my diabetes nurse who noted my expedience. I have been training for 5 years with a watchful eye on numbers. I found that my Oxygen was fine over the period according to my Fitbit:

upload_2020-5-12_12-48-13.png

I believe Fitbit have got this feature (sometime in January) before Apple. To get to this feature:
  • Access smartphone App
  • Sleep Score
  • Select the Day
  • Scroll down

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Mbaker ,

Purely anecdotal on my behalf.

Not long before all this kicked off I caught a cold.. Which left me with a cough.
I got over the cough & never felt better. Though I did feel like a social pariah with COVID in the news building upto lockdown.

So, lockdown, by mid to late April with too much time on my hands I discovered a fitness app on my Samsung Note4.
Initially I was checking it to see what it could do with the CGM set up.
Putting my finger to the sensor on the back of the phone, whilst just sat quietly in the conservatory my heart & stress levels were looking a little like yours?? (On the mid Aprils.)
I could literally feel my heart pumping as I sat in the chair? Not only that, though my BGs were alright, I felt shattered to the point I took an afternoon nap. (Lol, not my style.) I was just not in the mood for anything. I did ask my wife to make sure I was awake to walk the dog.
This happened on two maybe three consecutive days? (Lovely weather, just no energy.)
Now back to normal.. (For me, anyway.)

My wife hasn't had these symptoms..
As you would expect with cohabitees there would be a high risk of sharing the experience under the same roof?