1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Covid/Coronavirus and diabetes - the numbers

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Lupf, May 15, 2020.

1. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

I agree, but we both know that won't happen.:rolleyes:

2. Mbaker

Mbaker Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I almost added that, but from me its a broken record, so glad you did. I was glad to see Professor Gupta back on the box yesterday, she has been hammered by the anointed as pointed out on this site https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/202...-immunity-covid-19-approach-as-unethical.html.
    Julia Hartley-Brewer has asked the questions of the experts and government reps for several weeks (also have Ivor on)

(I'm gonna send a message and ask if she will look with the same critical eye at the dietary side).

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi guys. don't mind me.. just trying to chop some sense into the debate? I won't quote out of context, however i will bold.

Birmingham – the National Exhibition Centre Bristol – the Exhibition and Conference Centre on University of West England’s (UWE) Frenchay campus Exeter – a former retail outlet in Sowton Yorkshire – Harrogate Convention Centre Manchester – the Manchester Central Convention Complex Washington, Sunderland – the Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Advanced Manufacturing

Birmingham – the National Exhibition Centre Bristol – the Exhibition and Conference Centre on University of West England’s (UWE) Frenchay campus Exeter – a former retail outlet in Sowton Yorkshire – Harrogate Convention Centre Manchester – the Manchester Central Convention Complex Washington, Sunderland – the Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Advanced Manufacturing.

The Nightingale hospitals were all officially opened in April or May and had all been placed on standby or repurposed by July.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/09/are-...ing-used-how-many-built-13395246/?ito=cbshare

Bar "exel" that has dropped off the map back in May? @bulkbiker with reference to the first quote in red, purley to ID it in my comment.

Just to clarify, are you saying these "Nightingales" don't exist?
    Or that the Nightingales do, but with inadequate staffing??

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Excel is reopened for exhibitions so that certainly is no longer there. As for the others I have no idea... the metro article that says they have been re-purposed was the one I quoted too. If they have been re-purposed then they aren't there for the purpose they were commissioned for?

5. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks for clarifying. :)

My "local" appears to be getting "winter ready?" https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristols-nightingale-hospital-getting-winter-4544332

Though, according to this regarding "Brizzle"earlier in October. "provide additional capacity for the city’s eye hospital,"
    https://www.theguardian.com/society...pened-to-englands-seven-nightingale-hospitals
    Encouragingly with Excel on the same article. it appears they have managed to retain "500 intensive care beds?"

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Bill_St

Bill_St Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Even before Covid ....
    https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/early/2020/09/14/dc20-1485
    Just distributed by NICE.

“31% reduced risk of all-cause mortality and a 38% reduced risk of CVD mortality”
    CONCLUSIONS Higher serum 25(OH)D levels were significantly associated with lower all-cause and CVD mortality. These findings suggest that maintaining adequate vitamin D status may lower mortality risk in individuals with diabetes.”

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook