Covid jab

Lobsang Tsultim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What type of adverse reaction? My arm swelled with two boosters, and the second booster left me feeling wiped for a couple of days. Otherwise, nothing.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I became more insulin sensitive ... and still am more than a year later.
Before I adjusted my insulin, I had a lot of unexplained hypos that wiped me out.
But nothing more than that.

I think I have had the full set - AZ, Pfizer and Moderna.

Last edited:

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was fine with both astrazenica jabs. The moderna one made me very ill for a month - chills, severe muscle pains, exhausted, back pain.

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
an ache in my arm for the 1st, 2nd and 4th one, the latter Id just gotten. For some reason the 3rd jab didn’t seem to bother me that much

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I had a reaction to the 3rd, I was off work for a week so I won’t be having the 4th.

William Ward

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone else had an adverse reaction to the Covid Jab?
I had a bout of covid for the first time in mid August after attending a family event (first time out since Feb 2020 when I went into full isolation). anyway took more 3 weeks to get a negative test and anyone who says it's like a mild flu hasn't a clue I had a bad Flu a good few years ago and it wasn't as bad as Covid.

I was offered the booster and it was over the NHS 28 day time limit so I accepted the offer and went along to the clinic had the booster and the Flu jab one in each arm had no reaction at the time but felt strange while watching TV, later that evening when I was getting ready for bed put my Apple watch and phone on charge went to the toilet whereupon I collapsed onto my Ikea metal laundry basket and destroyed it.

I couldn't get up off the floor and it took me over 4 hours to slither to my bedroom vomiting constantly on the way, I made it to my bed where I could pull myself upright. It took 4 weeks to get over the adverse reactions which where 100% worse than the Covid which was bad enough and I am still having muscle pains in my arms, thighs and calfs.

If I had my time over again I might have waited a few more weeks to have the booster

RobertJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Has anyone else had an adverse reaction to the Covid Jab?

I've had three but am hesitant about the fourth. I was okay with all of them but it's just after two incredibly mild experiences with Covid I am uncertain what to do. My sister is not diabetic but was on her period for a month after the second jab, so is never having any more.

The other thing is, if this vaccine is to protect against Omicron I don't know how it helps me. I had Covid in January and September 2022 so that must have been Omicron anyway. Why do I need a vaccine to protect me against a virus I've already had?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had three but am hesitant about the fourth. I was okay with all of them but it's just after two incredibly mild experiences with Covid I am uncertain what to do. My sister is not diabetic but was on her period for a month after the second jab, so is never having any more.

The other thing is, if this vaccine is to protect against Omicron I don't know how it helps me. I had Covid in January and September 2022 so that must have been Omicron anyway. Why do I need a vaccine to protect me against a virus I've already had?
because vaccinations dont stop us getting covid, they just make the infection milder. They dont stop us spreading covid either.

In my opinion, calling them vaccinations has caused a lot of misunderstanding and harm.

RobertJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
because vaccinations dont stop us getting covid, they just make the infection milder. They dont stop us spreading covid either.

In my opinion, calling them vaccinations has caused a lot of misunderstanding and harm.

It certainly has caused confusion. I've seen quotes from scientists even in recent weeks saying people who don't get a booster jab are "could be exposed to infection" as if the vaccine actually stops you getting it. It's incredible this message is still being put out at this stage. I got Covid for the first time only 18 days after my booster jab.

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
Had 2 together the fl u and SplkeyAX
bad palpitations still 10 days later.The leaflet says one of the side effects - changes in your heartbeat.

• Hug
Reactions: Hopeful34

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
I had 3 shots altogether but no more. I felt horrible after the first booster and had a high temperature too.

RobertJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had 3 shots altogether but no more. I felt horrible after the first booster and had a high temperature too.

I've stopped at three for now. I'd like to learn more about why we're having so many excess deaths and what the truth is about heart problems and the vaccines. Some people would say I'm dancing with death but the two times I had Covid it was very mild. The second time was September this year, a full ten months after my last jab, and that was a mild sniffle.