Covid type 1

Liftupjoe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I’m so scared my husband has covid and I’m waiting for my results back from PCR test, I’m fully vaccinated but am over weight with not great control. I’m so scared I can’t actually breath with anxiety.
Has anyone had had Covid with full vaccination and what were your symptoms. X kate x

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I’ve just had covid. Double vaccinated, my second vaccine was on 24th April, I felt unwell on 8th July and tested positive the next day. I had a sore throat, cough, runny nose and a very mild fever of 37.5c. After a few days I lost my taste and smell. I am just about back to normal now, taste and smell suddenly return a couple of days ago. I still have an annoying tickly cough and I tire easily, but having said that I’ve had worse bouts of flu.

Edit for typo.

Last edited:

Liftupjoe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I’ve just had covid. Double vaccinated, my second vaccine was on 24th April, I felt unwell on 8th July and tested positive the next day. I had a sore throat, cough, runny nose and a very mild fever of 37.5c. After a few days I lost my taste and smell. I am just about back to normal now, taste and smell suddenly return a couple of days ago. I still have an annoying tickly cough and I tire easily, but having said that I’ve had worse bouts of flu.

Edit for typo.

Thank you for your reply my PCR test came back and I was negative but I’m sure I will get it, will be a miracle if I don’t but thank you for the reassurance, although I know everyone is different x

Jo123

Hi, try not to worry, I know easier said than done. I know quite a few people double jabbed and they have all been fine, very similar to @Rachox.

Get an oximeter to monitor your husband's oxygen levels. My friend who had covid when unvaccinated found it very reassuring to check that her oxygen levels were ok when she felt very breathless.

Liftupjoe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, try not to worry, I know easier said than done. I know quite a few people double jabbed and they have all been fine, very similar to @Rachox.

Get an oximeter to monitor your husband's oxygen levels. My friend who had covid when unvaccinated found it very reassuring to check that her oxygen levels were ok when she felt very breathless.

Thank you for your reply, that’s a great idea to get oximeter I will order one now x thank you

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
Thank you for your reply my PCR test came back and I was negative but I’m sure I will get it, will be a miracle if I don’t but thank you for the reassurance, although I know everyone is different x

I think there may be a difference in seriousness of impact on type 1 compared to type 2 however (Rachox is a type 2). I had a letter to say I was on the Extremely Vulnerable list because I am type 1. Type 2s are not on this list on the basis of being type 2s, as far as I know....So that must mean something?
I hope you are okay, and send love and support.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And just to confirm my suspicions that Covid did not affect my blood sugars, I recently had an annual general health review and blood tests last Wednesday, and it turns out an HbA1c was included. My results appeared on line last night and my HbA1c remains at 36, same as in May :)