CoYo and home made coconut milk yoghurt

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria What a fail :bag: I started off two lots on Sunday. One in an ajar kilner jar and one in the easiyo. One day on the worktop and a couple of days in the fridge. Still runny!

Maybe the coconut milk was too rubbishy in quality. Maybe the probiotic tablets were too old (though still in date). I will keep trying though.

What a pity!

One of the you tube videos i watched (can't find it now!) says that if you use some batch 1 as a starter for a second batch, that will be thicker.

Mine was, a bit. But it was never as thick as that video.

What does it taste like?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Ah, then it hasn't brewed long enough.
When it is ready, it will definitely taste of yog.
And if you leave it too long, it will eventually go horrible and putrid.
Yup. Done that too!
Wasn't aiming for horrible and putrid so back to the drawing board! :***:

Perhaps it will be easier in the summer. We are still scraping the car in the morning here.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wasn't aiming for horrible and putrid so back to the drawing board! :***:

Perhaps it will be easier in the summer. We are still scraping the car in the morning here.

I think there might be another thread on this somewhere, where a few of us noted how we did with home made CoYo. I had a couple of "OK" batches, on scrummy, thick batch and one that went over over the couple of days I was consuming it.

I think if I recall, I added some coconut cream to mine, as that's very thick to start with, it all helps. Again, if I recall, I had a watery layer appear, which by careful handling of the container, and using a marinating syringe, I was able to siphon off, which again helped with the consistency. I was sort of pushing the needle below the yoghurt layer to aspirate the whey-like fluid.