Cramps

Jillyfl

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Swimming
Hi , does anyone suffer leg cramps in bed? They can be quite painful. I have my blood glucose under control and I am within normal range. My last hba1c was 41. I take 500mg of metformin twice a day.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hi there, how are your electrolytes looking? Getting enough sodium, potassium and magnesium?

Reactions: Bon83

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Touch wood, mine have not been so bad... but there was a time when they were pure hellish... would wake me up with whole muscle blocks knotted up... pain was 8.5. As @Guzzler notes, salts are important. I drink a lot of water and wee a lot, so I more or less cover my food in salt, seems to be working.
I feel your pain and hope it passes.
Hj

Reactions: Guzzler

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In my early days of low carbing I suffered badly with night cramps in my feet. After posting on this forum someone suggested magnesium deficiency. Magnesium isn’t absorbed well by mouth so it was suggested I bought some spray, which is applied to the skin and rubbed in. This I did and the cramps went away. I now maintain my magnesium intake by using pink Himalayan salt in my cooking. As well as sodium it contains magnesium and potassium.

Reactions: jjraak and Guzzler

Jillyfl

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Swimming
In my early days of low carbing I suffered badly with night cramps in my feet. After posting on this forum someone suggested magnesium deficiency. Magnesium isn’t absorbed well by mouth so it was suggested I bought some spray, which is applied to the skin and rubbed in. This I did and the cramps went away. I now maintain my magnesium intake by using pink Himalayan salt in my cooking. As well as sodium it contains magnesium and potassium.
Oh wow, thank you I'll have a look on Amazon for it

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Thank you for this Radox I wonder can you tell me where to get the spray from is it expensive please

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheers @Rachox

Bought and it arrived today.

be trying it tonight pre bed.
will report back tomorrow.

(cramps most day now at start of day..oooh that morning stretch now is so NASTEE :bigtears:)