Craving something sweet?

pinky_69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi im newly diagonaised type 2. I have joined slimming world and cut down on my carbs but im feeling so tired and craving something sweet. My readings on diagnosis were: 7.9 and 50. Is that relativly low in diagnosis? Also im on no meds doc wants me to try diet first....how long is it going to take to get used to this condition :(

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi im newly diagonaised type 2. I have joined slimming world and cut down on my carbs but im feeling so tired and craving something sweet. My readings on diagnosis were: 7.9 and 50. Is that relativly low in diagnosis? Also im on no meds doc wants me to try diet first....how long is it going to take to get used to this condition :(

Hi @pinky_69

You are literally going through the transition stage.
It will take a couple of weeks but you should improve slightly every day and its really worth it, when you get there.
Your levels are just about in diabetes range, but a couple of weeks of reducing your carbs, reducing your plate size, increasing your exercise even if it's just a little more walking that will help, if you can of course.

@azure can we give this post it's own thread and my reply, Ta very much!

Reactions: 2 people