1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Crestor

Discussion in 'Non-Diabetic Medication' started by borderter, Feb 7, 2016.

1. borderter

borderter Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Been on a very low dose of crestor since xmas and noticed since then i have major hot flushes so anyone else have this :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ponchu

Ponchu · Well-Known Member

My doctor’s office did full court press to take Crestor in spite of risks & side effects.

Lack of compliance may mean being put out of the center.

I finally said “yes I will accept” and will fill the script and flush them down the toilet.

I’ve worked hard to bring down BG, weight, blood pressure etc and have strong doubt about lipid hypothesis.

I have no doubts about the dangers of statins.

Push for profit.

3. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Master

4. Dexterdobe

Dexterdobe Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My cholesterol test came back in the 'just healthy' range and my HBA1c reading was 40, but my diabetic nurse told me that all T2 patients should be on statins for life regardless of their HBa1C results. I refused statins and this has been noted on my medical notes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook