Cured.

spirits

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
congratulations, well done keep up the good work eat healthy and keep active, and what you know is working for you stick with big hugs xx

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Life is a little more complicated that a hard and fast rule like that. All depends on what was eaten, how long you spread the food over, and a host of other factors. That is why they do OGTT in a very controlled way and not just get you to test after food and of course after fasting so you don't have protein decomposition etc. Oh if only it was as simple as peak at one hour, below x at 2; although that is a good target after you factor in the meal. That is why it is said to test, test and test again and compare the same meal several times.

An example of this is ice cream for me. I see nothing at 1 and 2 hours! A peak at 3 and back to normal after that

I totally agree. However, I thought the OP was asking what size of peak was considered dangerous. I suppose the timing of the peak is irrelevant. I was quoting the figure of 7.8 as being a safe peak as that figure is the one used for non-diabetics. In fact, the one NICE quotes for Type 2's is 8.5, although some sources think this is too generous.

Reactions: 2 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Thanks Bluetit. As I was only testing every half hour, it is unlikely I caught my BG at its peak. The chances are I went over the NICE max by eating. only around 36g of carbs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Positive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I also get upset if I see my BS over 7 after 2 hours but my husband keep reminding me non diabetics levels after 2hrs 7.5. I would like to keep it low though so no ice cream for me :(
I cant believe Andrews eating ice creams -jealous and also it gives an excitement to the thread. I will try ice cream during x'mas. May be soon when I have an hour to run and burn it off.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had 2 vanilla ice creams (cornets but didn't eat the biscuit part) when I was on holiday recently. I didn't test either of them, although was back to normal when I did my pre-evening meal test. There was no way I was going to scare myself silly on holiday, and to be absolutely honest, no way I am going to deprive myself of another one on my next holiday. Life is too short. I know I have fairly good control and behave at meal times, even on holiday.

Reactions: 8 people

Positive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Totally agree with that. That's why I give thumps up for experiments (within limits of course)

redsmartcar1

My GP recently told me I am no longer able to have a glucose meter or strips to test my blood sugar. Is anyone else having this difficulty. I am type two but now I am wondering how on earth am I supposed to test my blood sugar

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My GP recently told me I am no longer able to have a glucose meter or strips to test my blood sugar. Is anyone else having this difficulty. I am type two but now I am wondering how on earth am I supposed to test my blood sugar

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

That's a shame, but not unusual. I'm afraid you will have to do as most of us type 2's do and buy your own.

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
yes yes I'm positively beside myself over the world cup, i love it! can't wait can't wait can't wait...... but west ham? :eek::inpain::***:

chelsea on the other hand :):happy::D

Chelsea??? Really????

"One team in London, there's only one team in London........"

For what it's worth, I'm so excited about the World Cup I think I might explode!!!!!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Chelsea??? Really????

"One team in London, there's only one team in London........"

For what it's worth, I'm so excited about the World Cup I think I might explode!!!!!
I agree there's only one team in London....it's Arsenal. Yay! The World Cup can't wait! I have the drinks and snacks in ready and my son is flying to Brazil today!

edit: No, sorry I was wrong....there are two teams in London......I forgot Barnet.

Last edited by a moderator:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
arsenal & Barnet?

no we was talking about FOOTBALL!

;)
Yes, for a short while at least I now agree with you. I am so upset that Cesc isn't coming back to Arsenal that I am seriously thinking of not renewing my away scheme membership. The silver (home) membership has already been processed unfortunately. My older son was an Arsenal fans forum member several seasons ago and has a framed photo of himself with Cesc. He is threatening to burn it.

I suppose there's still Arsenal Ladies

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suppose there's still Arsenal Ladies[/QUOTE]
Hmm, yeah, they robbed Everton!

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I just got back from the doctors. Second opinion is "Cured" Took more blood to try to find out what is wrong with my hands and feet.
Off to let my hair down and have boiled chicken broccoli and Brussels sprouts.