Curly kale "mistake"

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night I baked some hake with herb butter and was going to have steamed curly kale with it. Thought it sounded rather boring so decided to zing up the kale.
Melted some butter in the frying pan and added a chopped clove of garlic, some fresh chopped ginger and a spring onion for a minute. Then I threw in 2 big handfuls of kale. It was looking and smelling great when hubby distracted me and I left it longer than I would have. The frilly edges of the kale had gone dark but I ate it anyway.. Actually it was amazing ! .. the dark bits were like crispy seaweed and I will definitely do this again. Maybe even make a main meal of it by adding smoked bacon pieces or lardons.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you know that crispy seaweed at a Chinese restaurant is in fact greens deep fried so your kale won't be far off..

Reactions: daisyduck

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I love crispy seaweed so I will definitely try this with the kale, thanks for making a mistake ;)

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
We make crispy kale in the oven and it really does add an extra dimension to the kale.
We toss it in olive oil, put it on a baking tray and cook @ about 120C for 15 minutes, turn it and cook for another 15 minutes. Time and temperature are a bit seat of the pants - taste it and see is the best way to go.
The baked kale will keep for a couple of days in an airtight container if you don't eat it all.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We make crispy kale in the oven and it really does add an extra dimension to the kale.
We toss it in olive oil, put it on a baking tray and cook @ about 120C for 15 minutes, turn it and cook for another 15 minutes. Time and temperature are a bit seat of the pants - taste it and see is the best way to go.
The baked kale will keep for a couple of days in an airtight container if you don't eat it all.

Sounds great. Do you season at all ? before cooking or after ?

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I cook male in the oven to serve with stir fries I rub with oil and season with salt and chilli powder before baking
CAROL

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I cook male in the oven to serve with stir fries I rub with oil and season with salt and chilli powder before baking
CAROL
:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Often stir fry kale in sesame oil, garlic, ginger and pine nuts for varied texture