1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

DAFNE

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Miss90, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Miss90

Miss90 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have just completed DAFNE this week and it has already changed my life!!! I would recommend it to anyone and have learnt a huge amount!!! Who else has found DAFNE useful?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Like Like x 5
  2. yingtong

yingtong Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have done my first day this week,and I have been diabetic for 50years,I have learnt so much.What superb course and I would recommend to all type 1.

• Like Like x 3
  3. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

The DAFNE course is great, I found it extremely helpful and would highly recommend it.

4. C burns

C burns · Well-Known Member

I found it extremely interesting and it's made a big difference to my blood glucose levels. Unfortunately my levels still rise significantly during the nte and I'm going into get my insulin pump this thurs do fingers crossed that will help

5. Miss90

Miss90 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I had the same problems with night time elevated sugars.... Was just down to my background insulin and they sorted it out on the first day of DAFNE! Good luck with the pump!

6. C burns

C burns · Well-Known Member

When I did dafne I was altering my long acting insulin constant but if I take more I'm hypo during night. It's very strange. I'm hopin pump will benefit me

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook