Daily injectables for type 2 ... Do they help weight loss just been advised to start Victoza

Fleur321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Smoking , time wasters and ignorant behaviour
Daily injectables for type 2 ... Do they help weight loss just been advised to start Victoza

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I take victoza. My diabetic nurse said it would help with weight loss.
The first couple of weeks I did lose weight
But I also take a med that causes weight gain so in my opinion it's hard for me to say that it will for you

Fleur321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's interesting what else do you take ?
I'm already on gliclazide which has caused weight gain unfortunately .... My understanding is that I should feel full on it and not want to eat much or I will feel nauseous ... Has anyone had this as a common side effect ?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It sounds like you are having too many carbs? Weight gain with Gliclazide will be caused by having too many carbs as Glic itself doesn't cause weight gain but stimulates the pancreas to produce more insulin enabling fat storage from the carbs. Victoza does help some people to lose weight but carb reduction is always the first step. What is your daily carb intake?

Fleur321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi. It sounds like you are having too many carbs? Weight gain with Gliclazide will be caused by having too many carbs as Glic itself doesn't cause weight gain but stimulates the pancreas to produce more insulin enabling fat storage from the carbs. Victoza does help some people to lose weight but carb reduction is always the first step. What is your daily carb intake?
Been keeping carbs down but not advised to actually record carbs ... I'm sure that would be helpful ... Finding that as a type 2 it's very hit and miss what education you receive ( in my case zero specific just advised to reduce carbs but no advice on how much to have each day let alone grams of carbs )
What was weird was loosing 4kg in 1st few weeks then gaining it again in the following few weeks on gliclazide

All support appreciated