Dan Darkes, Type 1 Diabetes Reversal

Daniel Darkes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi my name is Daniel Darkes, I'm here to support, and answer any questions, and to give my best knowledge and advise on my type 1 diabetes cure, at this stage
Thank you
Dan
IMG_20180703_222219_733.jpg
IMG_20180709_124356_919.jpg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well hello and welcome to the forum.:)

edit to add I think people here may be a little taken aback by your appearance here you being a living medical miracle and all.

Reactions: Daniel Darkes

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Hi Daniel, my mother got a rare form of cancer 13 years ago which West Indian people don't usually get (normally Orientals), my brothers and I were tested for the gene and were clear. Chemo did not work and she was getting thinner and thinner (dying), she then had a clinical trial and is one of the longest lived. The medics wanted to continually draw her blood to try to put together what saved her, no doubt you have the same level of interest.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Daniel Darkes and welcome to the forum :)

I think there would be many type 1's curious to ask how you achieved this, sounds like you have won the battle. What regime have you been following ?

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
That's quite spectacular. However, I'm a bit confused by this. My understanding is that type 1 diabetes occurs when the immune system mistakenly attacks and kills the beta cells of the pancreas. If your beta cells were dead, did your pancreas grow new ones? Or were they not actually dead and somehow started to function again?

Also, have they identified the gene? And have they looked for it in other people?

Thanks.

Reactions: kitedoc

Daniel Darkes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi Dan, what “rare gene” is it you have?
Hi, Jayden, there's no confirmed name for the gene as of yet, but it has generated dormant cells which have layed in my pancreas for this time to be recharged, therefore my pancreas to be working again, doctors have combined this with my long distance running, sending my organ into a "shock". It's a ongoing progress , and all looks good

Daniel Darkes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
That's quite spectacular. However, I'm a bit confused by this. My understanding is that type 1 diabetes occurs when the immune system mistakenly attacks and kills the beta cells of the pancreas. If your beta cells were dead, did your pancreas grow new ones? Or were they not actually dead and somehow started to function again?

Also, have they identified the gene? And have they looked for it in other people?

Thanks.
Hi, some of my pancreatic cells, were laying dormant for such some time, so they did start start to function again, over a period, this is all gene related, combined with my running

Reactions: kitedoc and Gina G

Daniel Darkes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
That is amazing! What regiment was you in? Which Herrick was you on? Was you diagnosed while serving?
Hi Tom, I served in the 1st battalion grenadier guards, I served on 2 tours of Afghanistan, 2007 and 2009, I think the first one was Herrick 6. I was diagnosed after I left the army, only 4 weeks after tbough.

Daniel Darkes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Daniel Darkes and welcome to the forum :)

I think there would be many type 1's curious to ask how you achieved this, sounds like you have won the battle. What regime have you been following ?
Hi there, thank you, it's a great forum to be part of! , I don't follow a regime as such, I like my active lifestyle, running especially, and I love my fish, and fruit lol. Not long g to go now, and I hope we crack this

Tom.thomas61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Tom, I served in the 1st battalion grenadier guards, I served on 2 tours of Afghanistan, 2007 and 2009, I think the first one was Herrick 6. I was diagnosed after I left the army, only 4 weeks after tbough.
I was Welsh guards, I was in Afghan in 2009 I think use took over us. I was diagnosed when I come back in 2009 and medically discharged because of it. How have you found it since diagnosis? And not needing insulin?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I am struggling to see a connection between running and regenerated beta cells. What happens when you can no longer run as you are able to now? I would suppose that this question could only be answered after a period of a more sedentary lifestyle. Have the boffins actually made/proved this theory?

Daniel Darkes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Well hello and welcome to the forum.:)

edit to add I think people here may be a little taken aback by your appearance here you being a living medical miracle and all.
Hello, hopefully I can share my story better, and give any support and tips, it's great you have this forum ,

Reactions: kitedoc and Gina G

Daniel Darkes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I was Welsh guards, I was in Afghan in 2009 I think use took over us. I was diagnosed when I come back in 2009 and medically discharged because of it. How have you found it since diagnosis? And not needing insulin?
Yes I remember taking over a company of Welsh guards, for me I was shocked when I first diagnosed, you don't think you would get type 1, I didnt know much about it, coming off insulin and not needing it, is just a miracle! shocking at first , but I'm hoping it's a break through for all type 1s in the future

Daniel Darkes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I am struggling to see a connection between running and regenerated beta cells. What happens when you can no longer run as you are able to now? I would suppose that this question could only be answered after a period of a more sedentary lifestyle. Have the boffins actually made/proved this theory?
Hi, I'm just as baffled as you are lol, but the experts are linking it to that, and it's a learning experience for them and myself and time will only tell

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hi, I'm just as baffled as you are lol, but the experts are linking it to that, and it's a learning experience for them and myself and time will only tell
Thank you. Yours is a fascinating story.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,
Thank you for posting!

Do you take any supplements and how much carbs do you normally eat ?
What sort of distance do you run and how often?

I might start running more :-D

Daniel Darkes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hello,
Thank you for posting!

Do you take any supplements and how much carbs do you normally eat ?
What sort of distance do you run and how often?

I might start running more :-D
Hi there, the only supplements I take are vitamint D, C, and Zink , if I have a ultra marathon come up which I have in October, il train around 15 to 30 miles a couple of times a week, then a longer run on a weekend

Reactions: kitedoc and michita