Dangerously low bs

Jlewis12351996

so I had argued against the decision to put me on insulin and it seems I was right to do so...last night I checked and they were 2.7 so I ate a fair large amount to get them up this morning when I checked them they were 3.2 on my meter and 2.9 on my mums (I checked them there because I'd nor been sure If mine wasn't working properly due to a few inconsistencies) but either way these are very scary levels but thing is I felt fine when I woke up no symptoms or anything

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Phone your clinic and tell them. I'd be particularly concerned about the lack of symptoms for the hypo. If they've just put you on insulin based on hbA1C it's possible the hbA1C is inaccurate for you - ask for a retest and/or a fructosamine test.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with @EllieM

Please go back to whoever prescribed the insulin. It is usual to be monitored fairly closely when new to insulin, and for doses to be adjusted when necessary.

You are just on basal, aren’t you?
It may need adjusting.

Hope you get it sorted, and keep the hypo treatments handy!

Jlewis12351996

I agree with @EllieM

Please go back to whoever prescribed the insulin. It is usual to be monitored fairly closely when new to insulin, and for doses to be adjusted when necessary.

You are just on basal, aren’t you?
It may need adjusting.

Hope you get it sorted, and keep the hypo treatments handy!
I'm on degludec a slow releasing one