Dapagliflozin 10mg..

ellesangel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people and bitchiness
Hi yes I'm on this as well as metformin and like it. I used to have stomach upsets with Metformin.

Reactions: LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
They offered me this on Diagnosis as well, back in March. Does it work? Apparently makes u pee out the glucose

dotty-p

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has any one any experience with Dapagliflozin 10mg.
No, but my nurse has offered it to me as the new "wonder drug"

So far I have declined as it was "as well as" Metfromin and I am not taking the full dose of those (1 a day instead of 4) I am trying to reduce my BG with diet which she is not really happy about

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
great for bringing down the blood sugar, - but, side effects like thrush is why i stopped and back pain.

Charles1960

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been on Dapagliflozin 10mg for six months. It was added to my Metformin and Humulin to assist with newly diagnosed kidney issues, blood pressure and fluid retention. I’ve experienced no side effects whatsoever and have been able to reduce my insulin by 25%. I do need to monitor my sugar levels more closely to avoid going too low.

Reactions: BobRichards

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m taking it along with Metformin and it’s brought my BG down from the teens to single figures. It’s working great for me and as long as I don’t go too heavy on the carbs and drink plenty of water (both of which I should do anyway) I don’t get any side effects.
No matter how low carb I go (under 20g a day) without these medications my BG is between 13 and 15 so I don’t really understand why.

SHORAN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was put on it to try help lower my levels - and that it did ( alongside with 20 units of insulin daily and metformin ).

I suspect one is supposed to drink plenty of water to help - I doubt I did ( plenty of coffee and tea though )

I do urinate more .
Result ? - I got a thrush prone penis on account of all the sugar being removed via the kidneys.
Lucky me - I now also have a very tight foreskin ( painfully so ) so it's not the perfect to drug take .

All in all - at present It just means having to wash every morning down 'there' and occasionally use some canesten cream !

There is Empagliflozin - another similar drug which I will be trying out very soon to see if I prefer it to Dapagliflozin.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've continued taking Dapagliflozin ever since it was added to Metformin ..in an attempt to tackle my dangerously high blood sugar ..personally, I've had no issues with it ..apart from learning how to ✻pronounce✻ it.
Me too! When I was chatting to my GP I referred to it as ‘that dapa thing!’ :D

Fuggs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was put on it to try help lower my levels - and that it did ( alongside with 20 units of insulin daily and metformin ).

I suspect one is supposed to drink plenty of water to help - I doubt I did ( plenty of coffee and tea though )

I do urinate more .
Result ? - I got a thrush prone penis on account of all the sugar being removed via the kidneys.
Lucky me - I now also have a very tight foreskin ( painfully so ) so it's not the perfect to drug take .

All in all - at present It just means having to wash every morning down 'there' and occasionally use some canesten cream !

There is Empagliflozin - another similar drug which I will be trying out very soon to see if I prefer it to Dapagliflozin.

My doctor rang me this morning because my HC1AC was high last time and she wants to put me on Dapagliflozon along with Metformin. I'm really concerned about this however because there are a number of quite serious side effects and incidents of Fourniers Gangrene which is a horrible condition ,also this medication appears to make you very prone to urinary tract in infections which you have thoughtfully identified. I see its now been withdrawn for T1 diabetics.
She has also suggested that I go off keto diet, ?? which I started last month and appears to be working, and increase sugar in my diet, which seems totally contradictory and unacceptable, by diverting sugar into the bladder and peeing it out. My view is if your not ingesting sugar in the first place, Dapagliflozon would seem irrelevant. I think therefore I'm going to reject her suggestion and go on a total carnivore diet, gradually drop my metformin as my HB1AC drops. That seems a sensible way forward. I want to reduce my drug intake not increase it. Does that seem logical.?

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree with you @Fuggs if you eat more sugar (carbs) then you will get UTI and thrush, I’m on Metformin and Dapagliflozin and it happened to me! As long as I keep under 20g of carbs a day and drink plenty of water I don’t have any symptoms at all and overall it’s keeping me in the 6s. I fancy going carnivore but I make keto cookies and just discovered leeks with cream and Parmesan so having it twice a week! Maybe I’ll plan to do it when I’ve finished off the veg. I definitely won’t be telling my GP though. :D

PaulCarlin

Using Dapaglifozin for a year now. It is excellent for controlling the blood/glucose - my readings have transformed from the random, erratic spikes I used to see, and I can now seemingly eat as much carbohydrate as I want without seeing high readings or feeling the effects. The nasty side-effects are, I suspect, on the very far edges of the risk spectrum, and likely to only be found in cases where some other factor is at work; a high standard of personal hygiene is probably a shield against Fourniere's Gangrene, for instance.

Robdeone

I have been on Dapagliflozin 10mg one a day for a year along with 2 Metformin twice daily, I dont test my blood. I went on holiday ( Scotland) for two weeks, and forgot my Dapagliflozin but had my Metformin with me that I've been taking since I was diagnosed 9 years ago, so wasn't worried. While on holiday I went overboard drinking pints of Guinness, with no problem. A month later ( Back on the Dapagliflozin) I was at my daughters at a barbeque, where I had a 1 cheese burger and 2 chicken skewers and four cans of Guinness, I went to bed approximately 10 pm.
Fast forward to half 4 on a Sunday morning with me being 'woken' by an Ambulance crew who stated " I had had a "seizure". When I got to hospital I had the usual tests along with a head scan. After a sandwich and cup of tea I perked up, and was allowed home after lunch time having been told by the doctor I couldn't drive for 6 weeks . I then received a phone call 13 days later from a Neuro Surgeon, Stating I'd had a seizure and I wasn't to drive for 6 Months. I told him I was type 2 diabetic and what I'd had to eat and drink, but he wasn't interested, and said I would get a letter detailing everything. 10 days later I received the letter stating it was a Witnessed Collapse ( I was in bed) and was a Tonic-Clonic episode. I got in touch with my Doctor and said there were some discrepancies with regard to the letter and wanted a second opinion, and was given a date 5 months from then for a phone call.
I then Googled my symptoms and Dapagliflozin and believe it was a Hypo Seizure I had been brought on by low blood sugar . Then 4 months after my first I had another, once again on a Sunday morning being woken by a First Responder and Ambulance crew. When I got to Hospital I told the Doctor what I'd had to eat the day before and said that " Thought it was a Hypo brought on by not having a lot to eat the day before as its the same symptoms" She wasn't interested because of the original diagnosis.
I have my review phone call tomorrow wish me luck and google Dapagliflozin.

Reactions: PaulCarlin

Remlap666

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

I do urinate more .

I too suffered a bout of Penile Thrush when Dapagliflozin was first prescribed to me despite showering at least once a day and always washing thoroughly. I was rather taken aback despite being warned it may happen. I found that Ozonated Olive Oil is a well thought of preventative and cure which cleared my outbreak up within a couple of days. I purchased one by PurO3 (the letter O not a zero). I now use it as a preventative nightly and so far so good. Hope this helps.

Reactions: PaulCarlin