Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Hey folks.

Got the daughter chewing my ear last night. Her hockey training has her working seriously hard. (premier level)

When she got back she said she felt down on energy/hungry. She is not remotely diabetic but wondered on some options to keep her fueled up. Ideally while keeping her carbs lower.

Last night was an ace fau spag bol with leeks cut like pasta with cabbage/bacon/beef and tomatoes. Lovely.

A side of rice or pasta would do I suppose but wondered if there were better options esp as her carb input is very teenager.

Thanks

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey folks.

Got the daughter chewing my ear last night. Her hockey training has her working seriously hard. (premier level)

When she got back she said she felt down on energy/hungry. She is not remotely diabetic but wondered on some options to keep her fueled up. Ideally while keeping her carbs lower.

Last night was an ace fau spag bol with leeks cut like pasta with cabbage/bacon/beef and tomatoes. Lovely.

A side of rice or pasta would do I suppose but wondered if there were better options esp as her carb input is very teenager.

Thanks
Check out Diet doctor and Ditch the carbs. So much info on there that can help.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Check out Diet doctor and Ditch the carbs. So much info on there that can help.

She is well past me putting my foot down on her diet she is leaving for uni later this year.
Just trying to get her tastes to change the right way. Before uni. Set a pattern to see her through.
Normally she eats the same meals as everybody else but her energy use when training/playing is so high I'm not sure how to deal with it.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In my teens I used to be very active, and found that carbs did not supply the sustained amounts of energy for running up and down mountains.
I had sausages when others had sausage rolls, I had fish and discarded much of the batter when others had fish and chips and ate the lot. I have always eaten a wide variety of veges, lots of salad stuff too - and my metabolism definitely goes better eating fat and protein rather than carbs.

M

Member496333

Ideal time to promote metabolic flexibility. LCHF for daily, regular energy, and carbohydrate for explosive effort in sport. Athletes are primed to switch between the two if they do things right. In fact it’s pretty much how we’re all designed to operate.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Ideal time to promote metabolic flexibility. LCHF for daily, regular energy, and carbohydrate for explosive effort in sport. Athletes are primed to switch between the two if they do things right. In fact it’s pretty much how we’re all designed to operate.

I can see the logic there. Like a race cars shot of nitrous at the track. There built for it so alls well.

Carry on as I am then on training/game days she can load up some good carbs and things will be fine. So some rice/pasta for her.

She understands the low carb ideas even embraces it. But being a teen if she leaves training starving hungry she may well end up eating junk afterwards. That is what I want to avoid. Especially as there is a burger outlet on her way back.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
She is well past me putting my foot down on her diet she is leaving for uni later this year.

Judging by what happened to my two grandchildren when they started uni she may well be headhunted by the vegan crew. ;)

I wish her luck with her hockey aspirations. You must be very proud :)