Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice article!
One of the reasons I got my consultant to prescribe Fiasp was the delayed action of NovoRapid. No problem (except it being very annoying) pre-bolusing for food, but injecting 45 minutes before you wake up is kinda hard (as described in this paragraph in the article):
"If you want to be very disciplined with your blood sugar levels then you’ll need to test with very small doses (.05 - 1.0u), and roughly 30 - 60mins before getting up. Otherwise, you can inject as you’re getting up, but you then run the risk of rising bloods - potentially out of your target range."

Fiasp solved this problem for me. On NovoRapid I was usually out of range for some 3 hours after getting up, despite bolusing as soon as I woke up, on Fiasp I stay almost level.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Thank you Mel, it’s a good article. I particularly like the explanation of the various things that impact the effects of fotf on dose requirements.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Interesting article. Thanks for posting. This certainly happened to me before I started insulin. Now, on insulin, I don't see any changes until I start eating at lunchtime. I thought this was down to my long-acting insulin.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Some days I have DP and inject around 4am. Most days FOTF can rise me 2mmols just going for a wee. Also go up when I visit loo in the night, but then go back down. Last night straight as a die for 12 hours. Go figure!

Reactions: Alison54321

Vamppir8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm struggling. Normally 1 to 10. 1 unit correction to go down 5. I'm injecting 12 units laying in bed. It then churns for an hour, then starts dropping for another hour and half. Then I inject for breakfast. By Time that's finnished I'm pre bolusing 30 minutes before dinner, then we're in to tea. It's taken over my life. Pre 6th Feb, eat what I want, jab after forget about it, 5 to 6 all day long.