decision on pump

rachdrew82

Hi we have finally got the go ahead for a pump for my 5 year old son . The choices we have are animas vibe accucheck and minimed paradigm veo just wanted yo hear peoples pros and cons x x

Reactions: 2 people

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Vibe - Waterproof (never know when you could need that)
CGM built in (can self fund much more cheaply if you run into problems, possible NHS funding)
Built in food log (not easy to use I find)
Good customer service (dont know how it compares)

I havent seen the Minimed either though but my first choice was Vibe by miles because of CGM :)

rachdrew82

K
Vibe - Waterproof (never know when you could need that)
CGM built in (can self fund much more cheaply if you run into problems, possible NHS funding)
Built in food log (not easy to use I find)
Good customer service (dont know how it compares)

I havent seen the Minimed either though but my first choice was Vibe by miles because of CGM :)

I was swaying towards the vibe but in the information book doesn't say about cgm x x x

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
K

I was swaying towards the vibe but in the information book doesn't say about cgm x x x
Could be because it isnt licenced in under 18's... I think. Sorry Age isnt something I've had to think about previously. It does have CGM though

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
I like engineer88, went for the vibe, not only because of the cgm( but I don't use it), but because it's waterproof( and I'm a sea scout beaver leader, so no idea, when it could get wet). But also the ease of use on the sets, I have only one hand and these I found far more easier to use than the Medtronic and accu check sets.