Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Diasend works just fine.

iHs

Hi
Hit Dexcom cgm yesterday-great so far. With my Animas pump I'm trying to do the software download,borrowed my boyfriends tablet-his software isn't up to date so can't do it. All I have is my iPhone - can anyone recommend what I get to do this?

Animas should have supplied a go between device that needs the pump to be held close to it so that data from the pump can be uploaded to Diasend. I think it needs a usb port to plug into so if your tablet hasn't got one then that will be the problem. The diasend uploader can be downloaded from Diasend. I don't use Diasend much at all, instead I use a pump bg log book which works quite well for me as it makes me take more notice of my day to day bg levels etc. I also use an Expert meter to record bg levels, carb eaten, ratios etc.

Jessd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I could t get Diasend to work on the tablet. Got a laptop to try it on, hopefully that'll work

Mickyduff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, hope you enjoy your new Dexcom CGM experience. May I ask why you didn't go with the Freestyle Libre?
I'm on the Medtronic 640g and looked at the compatible CGM system, but found the Libre a cheaper alternative.

Jessd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi
It seems that the Dexcom is more accurate. I have an active lifestyle & like the way I can just look at the pump & see what my levels are doing(going up, staying level or dropping) it alerts me when I go above my set target-12 & also below 4. I work full time & initial outlay I can afford

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi
It seems that the Dexcom is more accurate. I have an active lifestyle & like the way I can just look at the pump & see what my levels are doing(going up, staying level or dropping) it alerts me when I go above my set target-12 & also below 4. I work full time & initial outlay I can afford
Hi Jess pleased you are happy with your Dexcom. May I suggest though that you change your settings to alarm at 5 due to the 20 min lag in actual blood sugar and what your Dex is telling you, this way you can avoid hypos most of the time :)

paulliljeros

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi, hope you enjoy your new Dexcom CGM experience. May I ask why you didn't go with the Freestyle Libre?
I'm on the Medtronic 640g and looked at the compatible CGM system, but found the Libre a cheaper alternative.
It actually depends how you calculate the costs, as whilst there is a larger initial outlay for the Dexcom, assuming you successfully extend the life of the sensors (its hit and miss for me, but most still get 3-4 weeks), over a period of 2 years, it works out pretty much like for like.

iHs

I tend to set the G4 or G5 to alert when cgm data is 4.4mmol during the night as a girl needs her beauty sleep and use vibrate with the pump against my body. The vibrate usually wakes me up but if I dont acknowledge, the pump will start to produce a loud noise. During the day, the low alert is on 5.5mmol which gives me time to look at IOB and take the bottom out of the low hypo feeling. When the alert was on 4.4, I treated with jellybabies or glucose but often the cgm data went down to 3mmol so eat a bit more resulting in over treating so be careful not to trust cgm completely. Always, treat the low but wait 30mins before looking at cgm data because of the lag time. The first few days can give variable results but usually starts to settle and unless over treating a hypo, should hopefully be about 0.4 to 1.0mmol out from a finger prick test.

Jessd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tomorrow I need to ring Dexcom & order it. All the forms have been sent back

Jessd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Evening
Rang today to order my CGM, got told they had received my forms apart from the clinical support. So rang my nurse she's away til end of Feb. Then rang the south west rep who I met on Monday, left her a message asking if she could help. I've heard nothing, basically can't get it til they have the clinical support back a bit annoyed as was told this would all be done-no problem

iHs

Not sure on this but if you still have the G4 transmitter, then try giving Dexcom a call and just buy one sensor from them. The sensor that you are using should be ok for another 7 days at least.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Evening
Rang today to order my CGM, got told they had received my forms apart from the clinical support. So rang my nurse she's away til end of Feb. Then rang the south west rep who I met on Monday, left her a message asking if she could help. I've heard nothing, basically can't get it til they have the clinical support back a bit annoyed as was told this would all be done-no problem
Jess, your GP can do a letter for you.

Reactions: rogstu

Jessd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes thanks I will ring docs on Monday. Am keen to get it done before end of month though as it's half price- £250

Jessd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well rang to order Dexcom & they still haven't heard from nurse- my doctors are meant to be ringing me! Not impressed really
Sensor has expired on CGM?? It's only been a week today

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well rang to order Dexcom & they still haven't heard from nurse- my doctors are meant to be ringing me! Not impressed really
Sensor has expired on CGM?? It's only been a week today
Simply restart it, that's if you haven't removed it.

paulliljeros

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
@Jessd Sorry if you have already worked this out now, but are you aware that, as long as you keep the sensor secured in situ (hence the talk of skin tac and tega derm and other products on here), the sensor can be stopped and restarted every 7 days. People tend to get upto 4 weeks, before the sensor gives up. The give away when it is time to change sensors for me is that there are either periods of no data, random result fluctuating high and low, or just wildly inaccurate numbers despite calibration.

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
I removed my first sensor last week. It lasted 12 day's despite it bening very securely attached and I had not got it wet. so I am a bit dissapointed at that. But it was very accurate for 11 day's. However if it does not last longer I will not use it unless I am in need due to awkward basal changes

my second sensor only lasted 9 day/s .It then went very inaccurate and losing communication. Poor life I think.

Last edited:

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The G5 transmitter is the one that officially pairs with an iPhone and the app in in the app store, but Animas are yet to release a pump that works with this transmitter (although I believe it's due out this year).

Do you have any more info about this @CapnGrumpy? I'm currently researching to decide which pump I want and think I'm going to go for the Animas and change from my libre to Dexcom, I'm wondering if it might be worth hanging on for this so I can use my iPhone.