1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Dexcom CGM

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Jessd, Jan 11, 2017.

1. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

You don't need to move onto an Animas pump to do that Beccy. You can just buy the G5 transmitter and some sensors.

2. CapnGrumpy

CapnGrumpy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Last I heard, it was due out some time this year, but no actual date. The pump coordinator at my hospital also said that they had an internal approval process that needed to be completed by the hospital before the new pump would be available to patients. That was in December. At the time (partly because my pump is self-funded) I didn't want to wait so I finally get an Animas Vibe tomorrow. There should be an Animas rep there, so will ask.

As Tim wrote, you can use the G5 with just the transmitter, sensor, and an iPhone. Not sure if it's still on, but I believe Dexcom were doing an offer of 1 transmitter and 1 sensor for £150.

3. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

There was discussion late last year about it being announced, but I seem to recall they were talking about August 2017 or so. I think it rather depends on the decisions being made in J&J's review of what they do with their pump division.

4. BeccyB

BeccyB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks @CapnGrumpy and @tim2000s

I think I might take the plunge and see if that offer is still on!

• Like Like x 1
  5. CapnGrumpy

CapnGrumpy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

OK - no Animas rep at the pump thing today, but they were in a fortnight ago. The word on the street is that the G5 Animas pump will be launched <drum roll> "some time this year!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook