Diabetes and coeliac disease and pump

Ella

Hi everyone
I'm very new to this forum but at the same time I'm very hopeful. I've been diabetic for over 20 years, type 1 and 4 years ago I also developed an allergy to gluten and wheat. I know, not the best of combinations but I'm grateful I can still enjoy the whole range of diary products.
Due to my difficult diet, demanding job with lots of driving and being a single parent I've decided to talk to my diabetic nurse about going on an insulin pump to improve my sugar levels.
Has anyone done something similar and what was the reaction from the diabetic team? I worry that she'll be against my idea because of the high cost of the pump treatment. What shall I do? Ella

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi Ella,
Welcome to the forum. You can ask your DN for a pump, each area seem to have different fundings and guidlines for giving them to patients, so good luck. Re your diabetes and coeliac disease, i have a 10yr old with both and would love to hear if you have any hints, tips, or GF recipes, Andrew was diagnosed T1 feb'06 and coeliac feb'07. There are a few others on the forum who also have both (sorry but there names escape me at present) it would be worth browsing the forum for them, i'm sure they could help regarding a pump.
take care and good luck
Suzi x

deanfeast

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Mondays
Hello, My name is Dean. I have had type one diabetes and coeliac disease now for just over two years. I have recently in the last two months transfered from injections to a pump.
It took me about a year go get from start to finish. I had to come up with a valid reason for why i wanted a pump and how i feel it would benefit me. Send me a message if you want to chat. i will check the forum daily if i have the chance too. Nice to know another diabetic Coeliac.