diabetes and common cold

aboz

Hi it would be a good idea to mention what type of information you want because if you only want to know if you can catch a cold the answer is yes.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Any upset to normal day to day health will effect your BG's and the common cold is no exception.

raymond123

Dislikes
tv
the information i was look for is the lenth of time it normally take to get rid of it compared with a non diabetic person

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I used to take about a week or so before I was Diabetic.......if I get one now it takes about the same time.......purely anecdotal of course. :)

OR

You could just say.....How long is a piece of string........ :wink:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Around a week if you're not diabetic, but 7 days if you are diabetic I found. :) But there again it can take longer. You can't generalise. Each cold is different. And how you will react to each cold is different too.

Make sure you test so you know what's happening to your BG levels and adjust your diet accordingly.