Diabetes and Hormones

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all.

Thought I would post a question as I can't find the answer anywhere.

Since mid March, I have taken my diabetes extremely seriously (my team told me I need drugs, I refused, they said come back in 3 months and if your levels are the same you need drugs and I said I will fix it myself) and as such have lost 19 pounds so far in weight and my morning levels are at 6.7 (yesterday morning) all by being very strict with my food.

However, a small side affect is that I am becoming hormonal! Whereas before I was like your ordinary 30 something woman, I am now what can be described as 'in heat', since April. At the beginning this was fun but nearly 7 weeks later, it is still there (I'm at University and all I can say is there are so many men, both student and lecturers, who appeal). I am single so it is really hard to keep a lid on it when people walk by and I can literally smell them.

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem when dealing with their diabetes?

lilibet

Your post made me laugh so much, so I hope I havent offended you! :lol:

I was expecting a question about diabetes and PMS. To your question however....not a clue
Maybe you just feel better in yourself now that your bg is under control and any impact that might have been on actual hormones have now settled down so you can feel 'yourself again' (though not literally feel yourself I hope -sorry, still laughing)

I know it usually has a negative impact on libido etc, so I dont have a clue other than there must just be some lovely men where you live/study. PM me the address please!

Trinkwasser

Where do you live again? <G>

As a somewhat older male I'm inclined to say go with the flow while you still can, in my case the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak (neuropathy) :{

It's quite possible that having tuned up one part of your endocrine system the rest has improved, the opposite often happens so there must be *some* winners