Diabetes and Stress

mrsknitty

Didie I am so sorry to read of your loss. It must be such a shock as it all happened so quickly but I am glad that your mother was able to stay in her home as she wished with you to care for her.

Please be really gentle with yourself and take good care. You are in my thoughts xxx

Nikkig

Hugs Didie I was in the same position in February when my Aunt who was my legal guardian died of leukaemia. I cared for her as long as I could after 36hrs in a beautiful care home she passed away peacefully.
My doctor who cared for my aunt too, has a special interest in Diabetes - he is of the opinion that the stress of caring for my aunt (lack of sleep, skipping food, Intravenous Ribena and coffee) would all have triggered the situation. So i believe that stress has a big part to play in BG readings.
Take a day off and take some 'me' time, you deserve it - then concentrate on getting yourself back on an even keel.
My thoughts are with you *hugs*

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I feel for you, Didie - my sincere condolences.

I can only echo what others have said - take good care of yourself, get some me-time, and remember you are the most important person in other people's lives. People care about you.

You are going to be stressed for a while yet - bereavement is one of the highest-stress things going, and I guess you're also going to have the stress of sorting out your mum's house - and your older sister! Try not to let it get to you. Try to eat only what you know you can eat, get your exercise, and don't worry too much about testing. Have you a good friend you can talk to? I don't mean counselling, just someone who will listen while you pour it all out. It helps!

Big hugs from me!

Viv 8)