1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetes Awareness Month 2016 - #BlueNovember

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by DCUKMod, Oct 31, 2016.

1. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Staff Member Administrator

Diabetes Awareness Month 2016 is here!

Awareness is incredibly important, and it can be surprising how little people know about the condition, how it develops, and what to do to help someone in an emergency. We're painting the world blue this November.

We're sharing some wallpapers which you can download for your phone below! To download right click the image and save as.

How can I get involved?

You can get involved by taking your own selfie with #BlueNovember here - www.diabetes.co.uk/bluenovember

Not a member of the forum? Well, you're here! So why not join here :)

You can purchase Powered by Insulin t-shirts @ bit.ly/DCUKTees / £1 from every t-shirt sale goes to JDRF.

You can view the entire collection of phone wallpapers here - http://www.diabetes.co.uk/blog/2016/10/diabetes-awareness-month-2016-phone-wallpapers/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Expert

I have Myasthenia Gravis How much do you know about it not much I warrant.

Yet there was a concerted MG awareness campaign with posters on bill boards, bus stops ads on TV and in news papers.

Yet I still have to explain it time and time again even to health care professionals.

I am afraid very pessimistic of the outcome of these campaigns but hope beyond hope that your efforts will be successful.

Regards John.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook