Diabetes Best Practices - 10 Do's and Don'ts

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Er - who are they addressing?
There seems to be no indication what type of diabetes they are giving advice on and it is sometimes totally for type ones - and yet it doesn't specify.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice simple reminders, @Resurgam the way I read it it seemed pretty generic and would apply to anyone with diabetes - the only thing I have an issue with was the alcohol wipes when testing - I was told not to use them as they can skew results - plain soap and water or even just clean water

Edited to tag the right person! :banghead::bag:

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice simple reminders, @PenguinMum the way I read it it seemed pretty generic and would apply to anyone with diabetes - the only thing I have an issue with was the alcohol wipes when testing - I was told not to use them as they can skew results - plain soap and water or even just clean water
Er... didnt actually reply....

Bogie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Nice simple reminders, @PenguinMum the way I read it it seemed pretty generic and would apply to anyone with diabetes - the only thing I have an issue with was the alcohol wipes when testing - I was told not to use them as they can skew results - plain soap and water or even just clean water
I have always used alcohol wipes and make sure it has dried before testing. Can't tell on my fingers that I have been testing over the years.

Yes, the advice is Diabetes "generic" and a reminder to not let yourself go and forget that you need to have a good balance in your diet and keep a close eye on your readings. It is way too easy to stop testing for a while and then fall into a large meal with potatoes/rice, veggies, etc., and "one slice of chocolate cake can't hurt". Then starting to test less and less because "you feel OK". Too easy to fall off the wagon.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed