Diabetes birthday month.

Bluemarine Josephine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello my beautiful friends, I hope that you are very well today and that your levels are on point!

I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes on December 2012 and since then, I consider December my diabetes birthday month (which I celebrate like an actual birthday month).

Everything has a purpose, a time and a season (or so I feel, at least).
My diabetes changed my life for the better as it has been an inherently inspirational process which determined the quality of the power within me (or the lack of it, at times… many many times…)

It forced me to develop a new thinking, new ideals to be accomplished and re-defined the meaning of success.

What is your birthday month, do you remember? And how do you perceive the impact of your diabetes, in retrospect?

Love and hugs and lots of blessings
I wish you a wonderful festive season full of merriment!
Josephine

Reactions: himtoo

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Bluemarine Josephine Happy Birthday ;) My birthday month is November, and I have no idea about the day so I assume it is Diabetes Awareness Day! My body was incredibly clever to predict that Diabetes Awareness Month should be the one in which I was diagnosed :D

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello my beautiful friends, I hope that you are very well today and that your levels are on point!

I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes on December 2012 and since then, I consider December my diabetes birthday month (which I celebrate like an actual birthday month).

Everything has a purpose, a time and a season (or so I feel, at least).
My diabetes changed my life for the better as it has been an inherently inspirational process which determined the quality of the power within me (or the lack of it, at times… many many times…)

It forced me to develop a new thinking, new ideals to be accomplished and re-defined the meaning of success.

What is your birthday month, do you remember? And how do you perceive the impact of your diabetes, in retrospect?

Love and hugs and lots of blessings
I wish you a wonderful festive season full of merriment!
Josephine
That's interesting wasn't this date meant to be the "end of the world"? ;)

Reactions: isjoberg

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @Bluemarine Josephine :)
happy birthday to you !!!! :)

my date is august 14, 1972:eek:

I hope you are doing well ..........have not seen you about recently -- ( which hopefully means things are going well )

all the best to you for the festive season !!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Birthday month?????? Either January, February or March.
I'm sure a question at my next hospital appointment would confirm BUT I wouldn't ask simply because I don't want my diabetes to feel that important in anyway.
As for December, great month. Birthday, Christmas and recently the extra fun of grandkids and Santa Claus.:):)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi there, mine is August 1989, I just accepted it, except for saying "oh S**t" when told, but after that, I just got on with it, but over the past couple of years, I have found it difficult at times. I don't celebrate the month, but it's the big 30 in 3 years time.

markastin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Bluemarine Josephine, it is also my diaversarry this month, my first 1! 19th December 2015 I was diagnosed only just finding my happy place too! Any suggestions as to what I should do?

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
May/June 1990 i think, not one for celebrating anniversaries or birthdays, mine anyway though i do count them on a yearly basis lol. Time seems to go by faster as you get older so they are becoming more frequent albeit still 12 month's apart lol.

Regards

Martin

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know my diagnosis date but definitely don't think of it as a birthday or anything. I purposely don't acknowledge it as I don't want to give it any importance.

That's just the way I think :)