DIABETES CHILLI CHALLENGE!

JesusFoundations

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all.

I was slated a touch on the JDRF Facebook page for voicing my opinion that the Ice Bucket Challenge, at this stage, should focus primarily on ALS sufferers due to the attention and support it has garnered over the past few weeks / month. The reason I'd voiced that opinion is because I'd seen Diabetics do the above for Diabetes, and find it a tad counterproductive. Here was my reaction to the responses I received from my post;

So, after a message from a subscriber containing a link to a Facebook video, I decided to do the CHILLI CHALLENGE. The premise is that you eat THREE chilli's, preferably with the last one drenched in Tabasco sauce. Just a silly, fun way to raise awareness for Diabetes and the JDRF / Diabetes UK / whatever Diabetes charity you wish. Here's my one;

I challenge whoever is brave enough on here to do the same. Send me a link to your video and if I get enough, I'll do a montage style video somewhere down the line and send it to some people I know that are "in the know"!

Let's work together.

Reactions: 4 people

uncle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The ice bucket challenge is great for raising funds but individual people are entitled to raise money/awareness anyway they find fit.
Personally I have 3 charities I give to on a regular basis and 1 that changes every year to whatever suits me at the time.
If someone nominated me to the ice bucket challenge I wouldn't do it and I wouldn't pay the "fine" to ALS but to one of my charities.
I certainly wouldn't be eaten hot chillies either