1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetes is serious take control now

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by fatbird, Dec 3, 2013.

1. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

Really good article Phoenix.

I've had T1diabetes 28 years. Vast majority of hba1c's under 7.0 and sometimes in the 5's. In the 5's hypo's were most consistent thing in my life!!

Personally I think diabetes is hugely increasing from the carb laden diets people have before they are diagnosed i think because I was diagnosed young and never thought about food excessively that it has probably been easier for me to just eat moderately and maintain size 10 size.

I so agree that we have to all take control of diabetes, and do it any way that we can but if this was balanced with people who suffer from depression with diabetes... I think it would also show up that some of the failed diets that people do with diabetes and fepression go hand in hand....

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook