Diabetes moral support chat

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
sometimes it seems that diabetes is a person, isn't it? :D Moreover, a person with a shotgun and an unbalanced psyche who can do something good for you for long time and then shoot you in the foot
I am fixing my breakfast now

But had different reactions

Yesterday high bg

Today hypo
Haha come on diabetes make up ur mind
sometimes it seems that diabetes is a person, isn't it? :D Moreover, a person with a shotgun and an unbalanced psyche who can do something good for you for long time and then shoot you in the foot
Your description is also excellent! Sorry @Zhnyaka and @Yaya10-10 I had to turn my computer off because it refused to type, even in Word. It is thundering outside.
@Yaya10_10 I was going to write "Presumably it wasn't dog food?!"

Last edited:

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
A friend of mine worked in a dog food factory (spillers) as a quality control operator!
I made friends with him when I was putting stencils on fire doors at the factory.
I always ask him if they have changed the recipe or what is his favourite? Even though he left over thirty years ago!

Because of my hypo hell period before diagnosis, my mental capacity has deteriorated definitely. My counselling service would testify to that! I do have really bad anxiety issues and even though I know I am stabilising, my worries and thoughts are nowhere near where they were twenty years ago. I often say I have forgotten more than I have learned.
The long term effects from multiple hypos over a long period is definitely a cause of anxiety, depression and brain function. Alzheimer's has been called a diabetic cause for the condition or something similar.
My father, when I was 31 said "I think all those hypos and the coma when you were 8 affected your brain. You were a very bright little boy."
"So you're suggesting I'm thick now?"
I think he was actually correct.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
"I think all those hypos and the coma when you were 8 affected your brain. You were a very bright little boy."
"So you're suggesting I'm thick now?"
I would be offended by that

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
haha, I realized that I met my best friend when she didn't share a chocolate with me with the words "I want to eat it myself," and not with the words "you have diabetes, so you can't have sweets." She was the first person who just honestly said that he did not want to share, without hiding behind caring about me. And considering that she had to listen to a lecture on how to inject me with insulin, if something happens, at the age of 14 (we were on a school trip in another city and my syringe with a basal broke and I was afraid that if the teacher found it, I won't be taken on any more excursions, so my friend had to follow me like an adult), I can say that I was not mistaken in choosing a friend

Reactions: EllieM

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
haha, I realized that I met my best friend when she didn't share a chocolate with me with the words "I want to eat it myself," and not with the words "you have diabetes, so you can't have sweets." She was the first person who just honestly said that he did not want to share, without hiding behind caring about me. And considering that she had to listen to a lecture on how to inject me with insulin, if something happens, at the age of 14 (we were on a school trip in another city and my syringe with a basal broke and I was afraid that if the teacher found it, I won't be taken on any more excursions, so my friend had to follow me like an adult), I can say that I was not mistaken in choosing a friend
My wife is a true friend. She always accepted diabetes and all that goes with it without prejudice or irresponsibility. It was this that was the final glue to a decision to marry in 1982!

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My wife is a true friend.
wow, it's so cute that you you speak of your wife as a true friend after 40 years of marriage! You're a lucky guy!
we got distracted from the topic again, but you are such an interesting conversationalist!

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
wow, it's so cute that you you speak of your wife as a true friend after 40 years of marriage! You're a lucky guy!
we got distracted from the topic again, but you are such an interesting conversationalist!
Perhaps it's related to moral support?!

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
let's say that is true :)
The mention of people not helping with their comments or attitude makes me think of the one time of year that would guarantee that some luckless soft section of my grandmother's furniture would be punched would be Easter. The whole family would meet up at her house and one of my aunts would hand out Easter eggs to my brother and sister. Fair enough. But she would then turn to me and say "You can't have this dear, because of your sugar diabetous." @*%&!!! When I recall this I begin to remember how much irritation just the word diabetes (or diabetous!) caused.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
"You can't have this dear, because of your sugar diabetous."
:confused: but there are no carbs in eggs... you can eat it as much as you want (I'm not sure about the traditions in the UK, maybe you meant sweets in the form of eggs, but we coloring ordinary chicken eggs for Easter)
haha, and then people wonder why we have such an unhealthy relationship with food that we are literally ready to sell our soul for a candy. It's not so much sweets, but the fact that you seem to be different from everyone else and can't be part of the fun, and then when you're an adult and can afford yourself absolutely everything, sweets seem to become a substitute for joy, although it's much easier to enjoy communicating with people than eating, but for some reason, you begin to appreciate sweets more than people. My boyfriend once ate a chocolate that I bought for myself, and then I made a scandal for him, which did not correlate at all with the size of his offense. I think if he cheated on me, I would be less upset :facepalm:

Reactions: Outlier

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
:confused: but there are no carbs in eggs... you can eat it as much as you want (I'm not sure about the traditions in the UK, maybe you meant sweets in the form of eggs, but we coloring ordinary chicken eggs for Easter)
haha, and then people wonder why we have such an unhealthy relationship with food that we are literally ready to sell our soul for a candy. It's not so much sweets, but the fact that you seem to be different from everyone else and can't be part of the fun, and then when you're an adult and can afford yourself absolutely everything, sweets seem to become a substitute for joy, although it's much easier to enjoy communicating with people than eating, but for some reason, you begin to appreciate sweets more than people. My boyfriend once ate a chocolate that I bought for myself, and then I made a scandal for him, which did not correlate at all with the size of his offense. I think if he cheated on me, I would be less upset :facepalm:
These were definitely not laid!

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Live diabetes session

Begins in a minute

Great session! I was only able to watch it today. It's a pity that my English is too bad for me to watch it on the air and ask questions but there are subtitles in the recording, so I can say that I really liked it

Reactions: Antje77

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
When I was in primary school I was top in the majority of subjects taught and had a lot of general knowledge learned from reading from very young. In the summer prior to starting grammar school, I had a fall off our shed roof, (outside toilet, coal bunker) with an asbestos roof. Landed on my head!
Went downhill from there no pun intended.
For some reason even though I still got some decent results it was nowhere near where I was expected to achieve.
I couldn't learn as good as I did! It was very noticeable in my writng, my progress in maths, what I used to find easy, had become hard. I could spell every word that I had seen wrote down, but my physics and chemistry was full of mistakes.

I really had to read and re-read my history and geography, which I was very interested in, and learning new things took more concentration.

Since my hypo hell, I have forgot so many things, I know I have read novels, been places, done things and reminded what I have done and I just can't remember them at all. I have got photos on my phone and I have no idea where or when they were taken!

I have been tested for Alzheimer's, and other tests, mental and cognitive, but it is not that, yet!

I can't remember the start of the post now! Ha!

It's just a big blur now!

Happy days!

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
When I was in primary school I was top in the majority of subjects taught and had a lot of general knowledge learned from reading from very young. In the summer prior to starting grammar school, I had a fall off our shed roof, (outside toilet, coal bunker) with an asbestos roof. Landed on my head!
Went downhill from there no pun intended.
For some reason even though I still got some decent results it was nowhere near where I was expected to achieve.
I couldn't learn as good as I did! It was very noticeable in my writng, my progress in maths, what I used to find easy, had become hard. I could spell every word that I had seen wrote down, but my physics and chemistry was full of mistakes.

I really had to read and re-read my history and geography, which I was very interested in, and learning new things took more concentration.

Since my hypo hell, I have forgot so many things, I know I have read novels, been places, done things and reminded what I have done and I just can't remember them at all. I have got photos on my phone and I have no idea where or when they were taken!

I have been tested for Alzheimer's, and other tests, mental and cognitive, but it is not that, yet!

I can't remember the start of the post now! Ha!

It's just a big blur now!

Happy days!
it sounds really terrible, although we can say that you do not remember the bad events that happened to you (this does not make it much easier, but at least some plus)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
it sounds really terrible, although we can say that you do not remember the bad events that happened to you (this does not make it much easier, but at least some plus)

It might be my own personal brain function but my memory tends to focus on the bad experiences and the odd good experiences, it's the mundane trivia of life that has disappeared. My anxiety was driven by the events of my breakdown and the subsequent events such as covid, health problems as listed below and the mental stress of financial and other reasons.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It might be my own personal brain function but my memory tends to focus on the bad experiences and the odd good experiences, it's the mundane trivia of life that has disappeared. My anxiety was driven by the events of my breakdown and the subsequent events such as covid, health problems as listed below and the mental stress of financial and other reasons.
I really want to write something supportive, but I've run out of words, so I'm just hugging you

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear that @Lamont D

such horrible incident.

mind me asking I want to get it right.

u had hypo and then because of it you fell of the roof on your head?!

that's caused your brain issue.

Reactions: Lamont D